Another use for pakalolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another use for pakalolo

Besides using it for recreational purposes and as a pain eliminator and nausea reducer, Scripps Institute just published a study which shows that the active ingredient in pakalolo, THC, may actually help moderate the devastation people suffer from Alzheimer's disease.

Obviously, more studies have to be done before scientists are comfortable saying definitively that THC will stave off Alzheimer's, but anything that will spare people from this insidious, terminal disease would be a public health bonus. There are lots of older people in Hawaii right now who suffer from various stages of this disease, and many families are being stressed out caring for their kupuna who have been afflicted.

If more studies show the same result as this Scripps study, all of us aging "Flower children" will have another reason to stay on the weed!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Another use for pakalolo

miulang dont try to justify your drug use... just playing ... do they grow salivia divinorum in hawai'i ... its another herb like marijuana except its legal ... have you heard of it by AnY ChAnCe??
    Ebb And Flow

Comment

Sorry, Newroots. Some states and foreign countries have already starting banning Salvia divinorum for general use. And its chemical components aren't what the Scripps scientists believe would keep people from coming down with Alzheimers.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by newroots View Post
        do they grow salivia divinorum in hawai'i ... its another herb like marijuana except its legal ... have you heard of it by AnY ChAnCe??
        I haven't heard of it...

However, I have seen a demonstration where they take seeds of the hemp plant... pound them out... which creates a small oil... gather up the oil and then create a wick out of the stem of the plant... dipped that in the oil... then lit it with fire....and they had a candle burning for about 5 minutes with just about 15-20 seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Besides using it for recreational purposes and as a pain eliminator and nausea reducer, Scripps Institute just published a study which shows that the active ingredient in pakalolo, THC, may actually help moderate the devastation people suffer from Alzheimer's disease.

If more studies show the same result as this Scripps study, all of us aging "Flower children" will have another reason to stay on the weed!

Miulang

Frankly, Miulang, I don't remember much from those days, except for munchies and sleeping.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

How interesting. I spent 10 years as a caregiver then a nurse with Alzhiemers and I would have never thought of that!
            I wonder if it is used later if it works better or if it is used when you are younger.
            To me the article left alot of unsanswered questions, they just took out the part that said use it and pasted that into an article!
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Alzhiemers and cancer chemo shots seems very different... I won't doubt anything...

Pakalolo has proven a benefit to my mom who has had chemo...and is facing more soon. I wouldn't doubt it if helped w/ Alzhiemers.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                Pakalolo has proven a benefit to my mom who has had chemo...and is facing more soon.
                If it's beneficial to your mom at this time, then that's better news than any research studies I can quote.

Comment

Got the following pic this morning.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; October 6, 2006, 07:09 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Got the following this morning. It's an actual Billboard Advertisement.
                    It's an actual Photoshopped joke; I also got a bunch of these in an e-mail a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X