• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiyosaki wants you to be rich...

Another book coming out...

http://www.kiplinger.com/personalfin.../10/trump.html

Seems to be all the same stuff over again. "buy real esate"

i like how the review states:
    "To be fair, the book's introduction tells readers this is not a how-to book. A disclaimer on the cover would be more appropriate. Why We Want You to Be Rich pretends to explain why the rich are different and to outline the benefits of wealth. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald does a better job. If you are genuinely interested in learning more about real estate investing, which is not for the faint of heart, check out Investing in Real Estate, by Andrew James McLean and Gary Eldred."
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Re: Kiyosaki wants you to be rich...

Speaking of Trump (and Kiyosaki), I watched part of an infomercial recently for Donald Trump's "Way to Wealth" Trump Institute seminar, which will make rounds in Hawaii starting next week on Maui (Wailea) and Oahu (Convention Center). It didn't say whether the Don himself was going to be there. I doubt it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Buy low, sell high.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      Buy low, sell high.
      Oh great - NOW you tell me...all this time, I had it reversed!

Maybe I'm dyslexic after all - just like 100 out of 17 Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        It didn't say whether the Don himself was going to be there. I doubt it.
        Maybe he will show up considering his new property in Waiks is just around the corner from the Convention Center? But I wouldn't attend something just because he was there... Unless he was handing out Benjamins!

I was wondering what the Trumpster was doing on all those infomercials last week... however, I wasn't that interested once he started his preaching.

Comment

We talked about Kiyosaki a while ago in this thread, too.

Comment

Here's a cautionary tale about someone who followed Kiyosaki's advice...and ended up being $2.2 million in debt. The subject of the story is young and has lots of ambition, but I think he didn't do enough homework and even if he can sell all 8 of the houses he owns, he'd still be $200-400k in debt.

And rather than get a $70k job, he just hopes he's learned enough to keep flipping houses to get himself out of debt. Duh... His blog about his escapades is pretty amusing, too.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Watch for his blog to show up on snopes.com.
              * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
              - Anna Quindlen

Comment

So are you saying the blog is fake? That's gonna leave some egg on the face of the SF paper than ran the article about him...

Comment

Has anybody looked into the cost of attending seminars and workshops by ANY of these "I'll teach you how to get wealthy" guys?

I have, mostly for work, when their PR flacks pitch stories about their upcoming appearances in Honolulu.

They offer lots of helpful resources, too, books, audio tapes, CDs, DVDs, workbooks, etc. ... all for a rather significant price, which most of them will encourage you to view as "an investment toward your future."

I remember one organization that, IIRC, doesn't just accept volunteer help to staff tables, etc. at events. They must have paid money to attend a previous seminar and then they are screened for "worthiness" to serve.

No wonder these guys are wealthy!
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
                    Has anybody looked into the cost of attending seminars and workshops by ANY of these "I'll teach you how to get wealthy" guys?[...]
                    During the 1980s there was a plethora of financial 'guru' seminars...Charles Givens and Dave Del Dotto come to mind and there were several others. IIRC, most (maybe all), offered free seminars where 'students' were pumped up on their financial opportunities with no details given. Want details? Buy the books and tapes! Those started at around $300. Again, this is from memory...and it's somewhere between my short term and long term memory...so take it for what it's worth!

Comment

Working...
                    X