Favorite Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Dessert

In light of the thread about candy and continuing with all that's sweet, what's your favorite dessert?
    Pie
    15.79%
    Cake
    10.53%
    Pastries (doughnuts, turnovers, etc.)
    5.26%
    Cookies
    7.89%
    Ice Cream/Sorbet/Frozen Novelties
    15.79%
    Pudding/Custards
    5.26%
    Fruit
    2.63%
    All of the above
    26.32%
    I don't like dessert
    0.00%
    Other
    10.53%
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Favorite Dessert

At home I'm not a big dessert-eater, though I do try to have something (small) for da keeds, such as cookies, or recently-discovered YUMMY brownie bites from Costco (OM-GOSH!) I even partook of those ...

But my two favorite cake-desserts of all time are, chocolate cake with a molten chocolate center ...

... and it travels under many names, but is sometimes called "Chocolate Decadence" or "Death by Chocolate" cake.

... super-chocolatey, dense, moist and rich. MMMMMMMM. Yeah yeah, vanilla ice cream on the side or whatever, to alternate flavors, etc. ... but OOH that chocolate!

Just don't put any rasberry coulis (or any fruit gunk) on my chocolate dessert plate!
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Chocolate Cake. Yuck! Here Erika, you can have my slice. I always remind friends and family when my birthday comes around, I want a birthday PIE, not cake!

Banana Cream Pie is my general favorite. Also gotta' love the exotic pie varieties from Teddy's Bakery. I'm still waiting for Aina Haina Foodland to bring back Teddy's Pumpkin Haupia Pie. OMG.. by far the BEST Pumpkin Pie I ever tasted.

Sunny Side in Wahiawa has some fantastic fresh-made pies too. Our vendors sometimes bring those for us. The Blueberry and the Banana Cream. Oh yeah.

Back to Teddy's. Some friends visiting from Texas stopped by their shop on the N. Shore and brought us this Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cheesecake for dessert...

It was hard to cut clean (as you can see), but oh man, was it ONO! It's like a cinammon and brown sugar cake below with a basic sweet cream cheese body and two layers of Pineapple Glaze (with small chunks of fresh Pineapple in it) and choke almond and Mac Nuts sprinkled on the perimeter. The bomb I tell ya! Moist, with a good balance of sweet and slight citrus from the Pineapple glaze. I never did see this one sold in the supermarkets, but maybe in your area they might have it. If they do, buy it. Awesome.

...and no, I don't consider Cheesecakes "cake".
      Last edited by Pomai; October 7, 2006, 12:29 PM.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

"Mrs. Smiths Dutch Apple Crumb Pie" from the Grocery shelf to your oven to your mouth!

Easy, inexpensive, and ono.

Comment

I do not like cookies. I make them every week and am just sick of them by now. No matter what kind! I can manage to eat 1 or 2 snickerdoodles if pressed, but not my favorite things.
          I like cake and pudding on cake and pudding pies...Anything that has whip cream or chocolate is good for me. I love COLD desserts...candy cold, cake from the fridge with pudding.

My husband hates cake and his whole family so no cakes at birthdays! I make cheesecakes and cream~cheese/chocolate pies.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm more of a random snacker than a post-dinner dessert eater. I rarely order dessert when eating out, and kind of feel wasteful when I end up with one as part of a meal. My palate is more salty-oriented than sweet, anyway, and not many conventional desserts lean that way.

The only dessert I can eat a bit of and enjoy are the bricks o' fudge, brownie, and/or cake that they have at, say, Stuart Anderson, but only as long as there's some ice cream left. Once the ice cream is gone, I'm done. Why don't they give you two scoops, I ask you?

Of course, ice cream and I don't get along, so I end up regretting the dessert not long afterward. Give me some edamame or hurricane popcorn (my usual primetime TV or DVD snack) any day.

Comment

I always liked BOSTON CREME PIE (actually, it's really a cake and some places identify it as BOSTON CREME CAKE). I have a sweet tooth and almost any dessert will do.

PIES: banana creme; coconut creme; custard; cherry; dutch apple; strawberry (Anna Miller's); chocolate haupia

CAKES: guava DeLite; haupia DeLite; actually, any DeLite cake

Comment

Not much of a dessert eater but if all the desserts in the world were put on a table, I would choose the Rocky Road ice cream .

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                  if all the desserts in the world were put on a table
                  and I would have to have a seat at that table.

Comment

i adore creme brulee...yumm!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      I'm more of a random snacker than a post-dinner dessert eater. I rarely order dessert when eating out, and kind of feel wasteful when I end up with one as part of a meal.
                      Same here. I'm usually too full for dessert right after an entree. I'm one of them late night 'fridge raiders for that pie and ice cream. Screw the bowl or plate. I'm eatin' it right out of the container. ALL OF IT. lol

One of the most memorable restaurant desserts I did enjoy was the Banana Blintz from Blu Water Grill in Hawaii Kai Shopping Center. Theirs was (not on menu anymore) basically a Bananas Foster wrapped in a crepe, with more "sauce" poured over it and vanilla ice cream on top. Sex on a plate indeed.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                        I always liked BOSTON CREME PIE
                        Here's a trivia question dealing with Boston creme pie that might have been worthy of Scrivener's trivia games: What do Boston creme pie, Malcolm X and Ho Chi Minh have in common? The answer: Boston's Parker House Hotel. X and Ho both once worked for the hotel; Boston creme pie was invented there. (The "Old Town Trolley Tours" of Boston points this fact out nearly everytime one of their tour trolleys passes in front of the Parker House).

As for my favorite dessert, I'm going with fruit cobbler, (preferably cherry, loganberry, or boysenberry) or pie, preferably cherry or gooseberry.

I probably prefer cobbler over pie, if I have to choose, due to the fruit to crust/pastry ratio; one gets a lot more fruit with cobbler than with pie.

Comment

Liliha Bakery Coco Puffs and Chantilley Cake
                          Banana Foster Cake from Dave and Busters
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Filipino parties have the kankanen table filled with desserts and pastries...it's always hard for me to stay away!

I like Filipino desserts the most, but haole brownies (as in the Kamehameha Schools kind) warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...mmm mmm good.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Burn't Creme from Kincaids (formerly Horatio's) Absolute decadence. You'll definately go to hell for eating this stuff.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X