Need Song Lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Song Lyrics

I'm not an artist. I am not going to record any tracks in a studio to sell on a CD or anything like that... 'a'ole pilikia. I would just like to know if anyone has the lyrics for Raiatea Helm's song "He'e'ia" so that I can learn them and sing along with the CD. I love singing in 'olelo... To prove it, I sing "Ka Nohona Pili Kai" all the time with one of my hoaloha from here. I can also sing "Maunaleo" and play it on the piano at the same time. The coolest thing is when I do it on my casio 61-key keyboard up in my lumi because I set it to a guitar sound and play and sing it. A few people think that I'm actually playing guitar if I do it over the phone, but then I explain it to them. lol

Anyway, if anyone has the words to "He'e'ia" please e-mail or PM me. Mahalo nui loa!
    'Alika

Re: Need Song Lyrics

Here's a start. Don't know if it's exactly the same as Raiatea's version but it should be pretty close.

http://www.huapala.org/Heeia.html
    You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
      Here's a start. Don't know if it's exactly the same as Raiatea's version but it should be pretty close.

http://www.huapala.org/Heeia.html

Mahalo nui loa for your kokua, but Raiatea's is actually not the same song. I don't think the lyrics are in the liner notes. Please keep looking, as will I.
      'Alika

Comment

The version you are looking for is writen by Frank Hewlett. Haven't found another version of it yet. If you find one, let me know and I'll see if I can check the liner notes.
        You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
          The version you are looking for is writen by Frank Hewlett. Haven't found another version of it yet. If you find one, let me know and I'll see if I can check the liner notes.

I think she may have been the only one to record the mele. Maybe I could contact Frank or Raiatea and ask either of them?
          'Alika

Comment

I still need lyrics to the following songs.

1. He'e'ia - Raiatea Helm
            2. The Prayer - Ho'okena
            3. The Hawaiian Way - Kapena
            'Alika

Comment

Try Getinyourcrib.com. Gazillions of songs, tab, and lyrics.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
              X