Looking for a place to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a place to stay

Basically, the people at my house doesn't understand how I protect computers (prevention is better than fixing) and I just had it up to here.

I'll be looking for a place to live. I make about $400/month (potentially) and it'd be nice if the place will be near downtown. I'll provide my own internet access, and hopefully I can cut down on my computer use to pay for electricity. Must have garage or a place to park my car.

(Please, no discussing the argument here. If you want more info, PM me or read my blog)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Looking for a place to stay

Adrian, if you're making $400 a month, just how much do you think you have to spend on rent? I mean, even if you blew your entire paycheck (all $400), I doubt you'd find a "room to rent" deal, especially in town, especially if you expect parking, too. And, of course, putting all your income toward rent would leave you nothing to pay for food, let alone utilities.

Check out the "rooms and shares" listings at Honolulu Craigslist. You might realize why free room and board is worth the occasional gripefest with your family.

Comment

$400 Share nice apt w/ clean college dude. Close to UHH
      Reply to: hous-219395363@craigslist.org
      Date: 2006-10-11, 5:19PM HST

$400 + about $75 utilities...
      includes cable, wireless, washer(no need 4 dryer here),phone, electric, gas and more...... Partially furnished room
      clean
      cat ok
      breezy, nice and cool almost every day
      healthy, (not a closed in fungai breeding ground) open, airy & nice
      welcoming
      nice neighbors
      hardwood floors
      nice size room w/ closet
      new paint throughout
      1/2 mile to UH Hilo
      big lanai out back
      bright space
      within a mile to almost anything you would need
      laid back roommate
      almost never home
      adventurous type
      I can show you the town if need be
      walk to the 3 different beaches 1mile, 3.5 miles, and 4 miles away
      Waterfalls, and farmers markets close

Just noticed this listing....then realized it was HILO

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        Basically, the people at my house doesn't understand how I protect computers (prevention is better than fixing) and I just had it up to here.

I'll be looking for a place to live. I make about $400/month (potentially) and it'd be nice if the place will be near downtown. I'll provide my own internet access, and hopefully I can cut down on my computer use to pay for electricity. Must have garage or a place to park my car.

(Please, no discussing the argument here. If you want more info, PM me or read my blog)
        Hmmmm...take a look at places to share in the Honolulu Craig's List, Adrian. Unfortunately, there aren't any places that only cost $400 a month that I could see (just glancing through the first 300 or so listings). These would all be sharing space and many, if you want to live close to town, don't come with parking. Does your food expense have to come out of that $400 a month, too? If so, you're going to have a really tough time finding a place to live. Lots of those places require a security deposit too, and it's usually at least one month. I don't think you're ready to leave home quite yet, until you start making more money. When the family starts getting to you, just get in da car and go to da beach.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
          (no need 4 dryer here)
          Pssssh. Yeah, you don't NEED a dryer in Hilo, if you like wearing damp, mildewy clothes!
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hey... that's not my listing!

And I hear you there... whomever posted that... I'd hate to smell what his clothes smell like...

I remember taking some towels out of the dryer to soon in the dorms...thinking... hey they will dry out if I hang them in the dorm room... trying to save a few quarters...two days later...they still weren't dry!

Comment

$400 a month? I think you may end up on the beach. I know this sounds harsh, but how can anyone only make $400 a month? I mean, even McDonald's pays more than that.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X