Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smell of vog?

Is anyone else smelling this ugly vog?

Since I have about an 85% loss of smell and taste I have no idea if what I am 'smelling' is really vog or the 'phantom smell of burning" the doc predicted I would experience on occasion.

I can feel and see that the vog is really, really bad but is it bad enough to smell?

Re: The smell of vog?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

Since I have about an 85% loss of smell and taste I have no idea if what I am 'smelling' is really vog or the 'phantom smell of burning" the doc predicted I would experience on occasion.

I can feel and see that the vog is really, really bad but is it bad enough to smell?

YES. In Kailua, the smell seems to be way worse at night. It smells a bit like hard-boiled eggs but sharper, more acrid, IME. Not overwhelming like the Aikahi Park sewage plant can sometimes be but definitely noticeable. Stinky.

My eyes have been burning for days. Not horrible, just a low-level annoying irritation.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

Yes can smell it..... not to affected by it

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
      YES. In Kailua, the smell seems to be way worse at night. It smells a bit like hard-boiled eggs but sharper, more acrid, IME. Not overwhelming like the Aikahi Park sewage plant can sometimes be but definitely noticeable. Stinky.

My eyes have been burning for days. Not horrible, just a low-level annoying irritation.
      You should smell it out Pohoiki Road on the Big Island when the Geothermal was in full operation! That was some serious sulfer stink egg smells.

Comment

I smell it.

This weather reminds of spring/autumn in Tokyo. The sky looks just like this, the humidity is similar, and the air has that stale smell...

Comment

Living on the Big Island,you get to experience seeing vog fairly often.
          I can remember being in Hilo awhile back. I could see and smell the vog.
          It was one of those odd days that the vog was stationary.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

My olfactory senses work very well and I can't smell it. Never did. At least, not enough to make note of. Perhaps being in the urban core of Honolulu, the (very) faint smell of car exhaust overpowers it.

One thing's for sure though, it wreaks havoc on my girlfriend's asthma. Still, Oahu is nothing in comparison to how bad it was for her when she used to work in Kihei on Maui.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yuk - sorry, folks. Budget cuts caused a breakdown in the Tradewind fans, and it's gonna be another week (at least) before we get 'em up and running proper again. Until then, we'll see if we can't at least get something going enough to shift the vog away from O`ahu & Maui - maybe by the end of the weekend?

Comment

Working...
              X