Pauhana Grindz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pauhana Grindz

Aloha Friday. It was a hard work week. You're beat. Pooped. Worn out. Ready to start off a relaxing weekend. Where do you like to go for really ono pupus, music and wala'au time with family and friends?

Home? Bar? Restaurant? Beach?

It indeed was a tough work week for us, so we unwinded with friends last night at Maitai Bar in Ala Moana Shopping Center. A guaranteed great time.

At Maitai Bar, there's certainly no shortage of tail in every form. My favorite of all being the Popcorn Shrimp...

Between 4-7pm and 8-11pm daily, this is only $5.00. Deal! It includes a mound of I'd say U-20 shrimp tails, deep-fried in a nicely crisp batter with the most killer remoulade (that pink one on top) I've ever tasted. OMG..so awesome! I forget what the other sauce it includes is, but it's also pretty tasty. That remoulade though. Da' bomb.

and Coconut Shrimp...

A bit larger shrimp tails in a coconut crusted batter with an asian-based marmalade dipping sauce. Supah, supah ono and also just $5.00 during those times. A steal of a deal.

I miss their Bruschetta, which also used to go on happy hour special for just $5.00. Came topped with a tomato-basil spread and balsamic vinegar/EVOO on the side. Yum.

Maitai Bar is owned by the people of Bubba Gump next door, therefore the food comes out of that kitchen.

Of course you can't go wrong washing this down with a glass (make that pitcher) of Kona Longboard. Smooth with a crisp bite. $7 during happy hour.

You also need good music, which is a guarantee with Kimo Opiana on stage...

The perfectly delicious and fun Aloha Pauhana Friday!

I wanna' try that Aku Bone place Lei Liko mentioned. Sounds good. I've been to Side Street Inn once. Also winnahz.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Pauhana Grindz

I finally got back on again!

Anyways...there is a thread on Pupu Places to go to.

I can't find it but I know we covered it.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oooops. Double posted.

Sorry.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I finally got back on again!

Anyways...there is a thread on Pupu Places to go to.

I can't find it but I know we covered it.

Auntie Lynn
        Oh, sorry. I should have searched first. Ahh.. Today's Saturday.. I wuz' too lazy. Hodd' eh fo' click on da' search button. Whoah da sweaten'.

Post Edit:

This is the best one I could find: wea is da best pupus at?
        Last edited by Pomai; October 14, 2006, 01:49 PM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
        X