Saved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved!

If you know someone who worships at New Hope - or if you go yourself - you should see this film. It's a funny, smart, and sometimes vicious satire of life at a born-again Christian high school. Ultimately, it's really about hypocrisy. It gets almost as nasty as Heathers but backs off at the end for a warm feel-good finale instead. Mandy Moore is good in the "most popular girl on campus who's actually a real bitch" role, and Macaulay Culkin has some great lines as Moore's crippled big brother.

Re: Saved!

The movie looks like a hoot. I've known a few people who had to be "saved" from over-ambitious churches (if not neccessarily New Hope). And there are few things as disheartening than feeling good about a new friendly neighbor or cheerful, caring coworker... who turns out to have only been after you for your soul.

And I thoughtthat was Macaulay Culkin in the previews. Good for him.

Comment

Re: Saved!

Originally posted by pzarquon
      The movie looks like a hoot. I've known a few people who had to be "saved" from over-ambitious churches (if not neccessarily New Hope). And there are few things as disheartening than feeling good about a new friendly neighbor or cheerful, caring coworker... who turns out to have only been after you for your soul.

And I thoughtthat was Macaulay Culkin in the previews. Good for him.
      Terry Gross interviewed him last week on Fresh Air (you can probably find it archived at NPR.org) Not my cup of tea, but he sounds like he's got his head on fairly straight.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
      X