Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more playing of tag for you kids

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...990019?cid=936

The world has officially gone mad IMO...why don't we just send kids outside in protective bubbles?
    Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Re: No more playing of tag for you kids

There are not banning tag, they are banning unsupervised chase or contact games. So I suppose if an adult or two was watching the kids playing tag that should be okay.

Comment

"You simply are not capable of taking care of yourself. Lucky for you, WE are smarter than you, and we can make rules to watch out for your safety. You are very lucky to have us around, you know. It's really not your fault. We have great lawyers to help place blame where it truly belongs."

Would it be funny if the ACLU got involved to try to protect a kid's right to tag?

Would it be funny if the ACLU helped a parent sue a school district for a tag injury?

Do you get it? Do you get it? Do you get it? Do you get it? Do you get it?

Huh?
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        There are not banning tag, they are banning unsupervised chase or contact games. So I suppose if an adult or two was watching the kids playing tag that should be okay.
        There are school monitors watching the grounds while kids are outside right? At least there used to be when I was in school. So are there no guardians at all outside while the kids are outside these days? Or if it was a supervised game and the kid got hurt then we can sue for all it's worth?
        To me it sounds as if they just want these kids to sit down and not do anything outside. Given time I think true recess will be nothing more then a memory.
        In grade school growing up we had a large playground where at any given time during recess there was a game of tag, or handball going on. General running of races from one end of the yard to the other. Hopscotch, Marbles, Skellies, Jumping Rope and host of other potentially dangerous activities none of which were "supervised" -the monitors while they walked around as was their job, watched for signs of unsafe behavior and called a warning, blew a whistle or whatever and pulled you out of the game if you were acting crazy and would not listen.. we all played with no protective gear, on hard concrete, no rubber mats, no grass...as this was the inner city. Kids fell, some got cut but that was life most just got up and kept playing...
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

School bans tag, other chase games

source
          ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts (AP) -- Tag, you're out!

Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.

Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.
          What happened to having fun?
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yeah, how can a kid be a kid these days? No running in the schoolyard, no cookies or cake to celebrate birthdays anymore to keep kids from getting too fat (carrot sticks and stickers are OK, though).

What are kids supposed to do? Play canasta or mahjong at recess?

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

As long as there's Pop Warner football, my kid will have all the opportunity he needs to get out of his system his feral desires of chasing someone down.

pax

Comment

Time to start stocking up on bubble wrap to encase your kids... I still cant beleive that the jungle gym and monkey bars were outlawed. Ma'e Ma'e had this awesome submarine structure that I heard they had to take down, in fear that some child might hurt themself. Maybe they can sit quietly and drink a box of juice and read.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Well, who are we to blame but ourselves. Everyone is sooo quick to jump and sue everybody and everything for anything these days.

The school systems barely have enough money to educate therefore they have to do what they think is best to prevent any frivolous lawsuit as much as possible.

It's a shame that this is what we are doing to each other.
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X