Orionids Meteor Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orionids Meteor Shower

I got up early for my walk this morning. You know how sometimes you think you see something but then think that maybe it's just some sandmans in your eye? Well I was thinking that, but it just kept happening. The Orionids Meteor Shower isn't supposed to kick in fully until 10/21/06, but I think we're just getting to the edge of the light show. I saw about a dozen while I was out this morning from 4:45-5:30. I even took my weights out to the driveway so I could watch the sky.
    I hope the rest of my day is just as fascinating.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: Orionids Meteor Shower

The constellation Orion...yeech..and that goes as well to Lepus, Monoceros, and Canis Major too, and any other constellation in that neighborhood. Not that they're not worth seeing or anything like that; Orion is perhaps one of the most magnificent constellations in the southern sky, but man..when this old farmboy sees Orion rising above the eastern horizon about 5 in the morning..I know winter is on its way with no uncertainty. Speaking of meteor showers, The Leonid meteor display has always been one of my favorite re-occuring events...like Lavagal's link mentions, that show will be arriving late next month.

Comment

Working...
    X