tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips

i'm amazed when restaurants require a tip to be added. i always leave tips but the amount depends on the service, isn't that what a tip is for? nowadays for some places it's just a surcharge to the bill. i usually leave 15-20% and if the service is not that great it's 10%, even if it is down right lousy i still leave something. once my whole family went to Fook Yuen at that little shopping corner near the Ala Wai. We had to get our own water and extra forks so my dad left 10% tip. Well the waiter came back and asked for more tip. My dad, elderly Japanese guy left more tip. If I knew that before we went outside I would have stopped him. This was several years ago, but to this day i refuse to go back although i liked the food. I still would have gone back even if the service was lousy but just the fact they insisted on more tip left a bitter taste in my mouth so... no more Fook Yuen for me.

Re: tips

Originally posted by ceny2222 View Post
    no more Fook Yuen
    I think there's a bad pun to be had somewhere in there...

My personal peeve is the credit card receipt tip thing, in places where it has no business being. Like a bar (i.e. a walk-up with no tables) in a mall food court. I don't mind them having a tip jar on the counter, but when they are literally doing nothing beyond their basic job for me... and then you can either not fill in a tip, and hope they don't give themselves a big tip , or you can cross it out and feel like a schmuck, or you can give them a little tip when you wouldn't have otherwise, and ... feel like a schmuck.

I started taking cash with me so I can throw the change in their tip jar if they are friendly.

Comment

Working...
    X