Just returned from house shopping on Big Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just returned from house shopping on Big Island

Wow, as a guy who grew up in Lahaina during the late 60's early 70's I gotta say Hilo and the surrounding areas remind me of old days on Maui! I instantly fell in love with the area outside of Hilo going towards Puna district!

I stayed first two night in the Volcano area, off of Wright Rd. Damn I love those crisp, cool mornings there! Then I stayed at one of my Real Estate Agent's homes[4] in HPP. HPP is where I want to eventually have my dream home. But I don't want to paying over $2K a month in mortgage, and in HPP that would be the way the dice tumble. So it looks like Ainaloa might be my first sub division that I live in.

I was offered up 100% finacing if I so choose that route. I go today out to Aiea to check with this lending co. to see what kind of finacing I can get under my current situation. Or maybe I should just sit tight and see what the 'Housing Market', is gonna do over next few months?
    Are there any tax avantages if I purchase a house this year as appose to next year? I need some ideas gang......please!?!?
Working...
X