Warriors: Hawaii vs. Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors: Hawaii vs. Idaho

After ruining a host team's homecoming game last week, the Warriors return home to Aloha Stadium for their own homecoming contest against Idaho. Any predictions? Anyone attending the game? It'll be on PPV live, free on Sunday on KFVE. You'll also be able to listen live via ESPN 1420AM.

The local media and sports pundits have been laying on the guilt pretty heavily over game turnout. And, hey, I just went shopping online for tickets on a whim, in case the family might want to go. But those prices are tough to swallow. I admit, I used to benefit from a family member who had season tickets that would otherwise go unused, but I don't think it was ever anywhere near as expensive as it is now to cheer on the home team. And that's just for basic seats. I imagine their new tiered "premium" scheme for the good seats are even more painful.

Re: Warriors: Hawaii vs. Idaho

I see a close high scoring game....

47-44 Hawaii!

In other sports news... did you hear about the RIOT in Hilo last Weekend?
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...&postcount=119

Comment

I got 3 extra tickets... sideline, blue section, right at the south goal line. Who like go? My cuz has prior plans and gave them to me and all my other friends got their own seasons tickets.

If nobody from here wants to go no prob I still can find people to go with but what a great oppurtunity to meet some HT peeps (and get people in the stands).

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
        I got 3 extra tickets... sideline, blue section, right at the south goal line. Who like go? My cuz has prior plans and gave them to me and all my other friends got their own seasons tickets.

If nobody from here wants to go no prob I still can find people to go with but what a great oppurtunity to meet some HT peeps (and get people in the stands).
        What a generous offer... !
        Last edited by damontucker; October 27, 2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          It'll be on PPV live, free on Sunday on KFVE.
          To me this is the main problem. Why fight for a parking space and sneak beers into Aloha Stadium when you can watch it LIVE from your living room couch? And it’s not even in HD (which would at least force more people to go to the game). It’s on Oceanic digital cable which many people already have in their homes.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

The New York and Boston newspapers are predicting a huge UH blowout against Idaho. They generally have tagged UH at least 26 point favorites with an O/U of 72! Not the largest amount of points to be given this weekend, but definitely among the top ten of all the D-1A games being played.

Comment

Good thing for UH, TuNnL, we can't do PPV since we're sticking with analog!

My wife was curious enough, and my oldest son excited enough, to spur me into buying tickets online last night. Several relatives are season ticket holders and have tailgating down pat, so I'm not too stressed about the various hassles that come with actually attending a game. We'll be in good hands!

I appreciated all the attention paid here in previous questions about UH sports ticket sales, including first-hand experience from Surfingfarmboy, which made me feel confident in using that channel. I let the "best available" robot pick several three-ticket combinations (our daughter is going to a carnival at sorts at KCC with grandma), eventually got seats in the makai Orange Section that I liked, released the rest, bought 'em, and printed 'em.

I haven't been to a UH home game in maybe ten years. Back then my wife and I were just dumb kids in love, borrowing a pair of season tickets from my dad, and more interested in the kal bi in the parking lot than the game. Sure, I suspect the tailgating may still be at least half the fun, but fun's fun, right?

Yeah, my wallet hurts (I only slightly regret telling the alumni association to get stuffed earlier this year) and I know some things will annoy me. But there's something about being there that I suddenly felt compelled to experience again... this time with my wife and sons.

Here are the write-ups on the Idaho game from this morning's papers:

Warriors, Vandals aim to break tie

Another air attack in town

Go bows!

Comment

Right on! Support the Warriors! I know it's kinda expensive (not really compared to what other college tickets are), but this year's team is special. Not a knock against Timmy but Colt is TimmyX10. Our receivers are speedy and are football magnets... its a joy watching Nate run over people or Leonard Peters putting the hurt on someone who dared to go into his zone.

Whoever wants to go PM me.

Manoa and OP check your PM.

Comment

Cezanne -

Just spoke with you.. Thanks for the offer... I'm going with a friend... so I kind of needed two tickets...so that we could sit together...

Let's hope we win now!!!!

Comment

I think Idaho wins this one. 28-20.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

No probs. OP will take the extra one that I had left.

GO WARRIORS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        I think Idaho wins this one. 28-20.
                        You Hater

Off to the game!

Comment

Hawaii leading with 12:31 remaining in the 4th quarter 55-10 over Idaho.

Comment

Whew. That was fun. Warriors stomp the Vandals, 68-10.

When we scored on the opening kickoff return, I knew it'd be a cakewalk.

Only a couple of drunks in our section, so for the most part, an enjoyable evening out with my wife and the boys. And of course the tailgating was a blast, too. My relatives know how to stage a cookout!

Comment

Great game...

I didn't get to my seat in time for the opening kick off though!

With Oregon State beating USC today... it sure makes for an interesting last game of the season for UH!

Would UH Turn down the "Hawaii Bowl" to go to a different more prestigious bowl if offered?

(A thought I was having during the game... Was the Stadium inspected by building inspectors since the Earthquake happened to make sure it was still structurely strong?)

Comment

Working...
                              X