New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

I am new here, does everyone know everyone here on Hawaiithreads?

Re: New Here

Welcome Tarheel!

I know you from your introduction.

I know most others from their posts and have met a few in real life.

Welcome to HT.

Comment

Thank You!!

Comment

So what brings you to HT?

Comment

...and where in NC are you based? I have friends/co-workers in the Charlotte area, as well as folks in Asheville, Spindale, and the Outer Banks. (I believe there's someone from the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area on this board from time to time, too.)

Comment

Welcome, nccowboy.

I spent many summers in Wilmington, New Bern, and the Outer Banks and North Carolina's always been special to me. My sister and her husband were stationed at Cherry Point and upon my BIL's retirement they ended up staying there, currently residing in Swansboro.

It's been two years since I've been there...and I'm hoping to go back next summer!
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              I spent many summers in Wilmington, New Bern, and the Outer Banks
              A beautiful area, isn't it, LL? The Alpha Female had chitlins for the first time in her life at a buffet in a restaurant in Wilmington. The server said that even SHE wouldn't eat them - and then here's this petite Asian woman from Hawai`i saying, "I've always wanted to try those!" (Yes - she enjoyed them.)

My favorite restaurant memories are of the breakfasts at Sam & Omie's in the Outer Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                A beautiful area, isn't it, LL? The Alpha Female had chitlins for the first time in her life at a buffet in a restaurant in Wilmington. The server said that even SHE wouldn't eat them - and then here's this petite Asian woman from Hawai`i saying, "I've always wanted to try those!" (Yes - she enjoyed them.)

My favorite restaurant memories are of the breakfasts at Sam & Omie's in the Outer Banks.
                Indeed it is. It's weird because as much as I love Hawaii and our beaches here, there's something about that place that just makes me want to go back.

I spent the 4th of July weekend at Wrightsville Beach the last time I was there and for some reason it started raining hard. My cousins and I still went out surfing despite the weird looks from the locals. They were probably thinking "these people are crazy for going out and they're not even wearing rash guards." LOL

*sigh* This thread makes me wanna sit out on the front porch and drink my sweet tea.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                  This thread makes me wanna sit out on the front porch and drink my sweet tea.
                  Your last reminded me of the Food Network Special in which Paula Deen and her hubby Michael traveled to Europe ... In England, at high tea, when asked what her favorite tea was, she replied with her delightful Georgia drawl -- knowing full well she was being funny (but she did mean it): "Luzianne." (she cackled)

Ha! I laughed out loud.

I just got her "Paula Deen Celebrates!" cookbook at Costco today and I'm fixin' to dahve raht in it. Oh, and y'all don't worry none, I also picked up a three-pound pack of buhtter, so ah'd be shore ta have enuhff.
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                  X