End of Daylight Savings Time!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Daylight Savings Time!!!!

Sleep in the extra hour, all you NFL fans.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: End of Daylight Savings Time!!!!

Now you tell me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      Now you tell me!!!

Now Hawai`i Nei has only a five-hour difference from me, not a six-hour difference.
      'Alika

Comment

I completely missed it until I got up and could not figure out why my computer was off on the time!!

So I proceeded to wake my husband and asked him why I was not informed of this the night before! If I was up early he was going to be too! hehe

Then off to a different kind of thread, children are sleeping!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My miserable clock (which is supposed to automatically adjust once it's originally set) was wrong again this time around. I woke up, saw it at 0600 and rolled over to go back to sleep. Couldn't do it; gave up; went out to see that the kitchen clocks all read an hour later.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Sigh. DST always causes headaches at work, given a national network of computer systems and mainframes of varying vintage, only some of which adjust automatically.

I put spring forward and fall back days in this PDA so I know when to expect to be unusually busy!

We're one of a few places that opt out, but despite the occasional confusion I'm glad we do... changing would be more hassles.

Did Arizona end up opting back in? I'm on the road and am to lazy to hit Wikipedia...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              Did Arizona end up opting back in? I'm on the road and am to lazy to hit Wikipedia...
              Nope, they stalwartly (and rightly so imho) refuse to participate. Makes it very easy to communicate with family members there as I don't have to think about time difference changes every six months.

Comment

Woooot! More sleep... I like this.. I love to sleep..

Comment

Arizona does not observe it. The big fight this year was in Indiana (Scroll down a couple of paragraphs), which finally went along with the majority of the country, but:
                  telling time in Indiana remains something of a bewildering experience: eighteen counties now observed Central Daylight Time and the remaining 74 counties of Indiana observe Eastern Daylight Time.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

It will get even more confusing next year, when DST begins earlier (second Sunday in March) and ends later (first Sunday in November), thus rendering many of the electronics that currently have the change programmed into them (alarm clocks, video recorders, etc.) closer to obsolescence.

Yet another reason: lucky you live Hawai`i...

Comment

Working...
                    X