Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else stuck in San Antonio, TX

If there anybody else here in San Antonio? Email me at hele@lava.net

I have been here for a few years but I go home every 6 months or so and miss Hawaii every day.

Aloha,

-Chris

Re: Anybody else stuck in San Antonio, TX

I was stationed there in 1979 for USAF basic training from January through April. The day I was transferred to Shephard AFB in Wichita Falls, Texas, a tornado storm hit that wiped out half of that town, the base's power, and introduced me to life in a disaster area.

I am going back in February for a World Aquaculture Conference. I hope I don't trigger bad weather!

Why are you there Hele? What do you do and why not move back?
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Oh wow, Chris, I wish I was stuck there! I lived ten years in Austin after having been born near Corpus, and then the next 13yrs. in the 'burbs of San A. till I married a salior and moved to the San Jose, CA. area.

I know that homesick feeling so dang well, and if it were possible I'd trade places with ya. upon retirement from the military hubby's new job sent us here "for one to three years, probably three" and next March we'll complete 13yrs. here.

If you don't mind me asking, are you witihn the city limits or living in one of the many outlying areas? Oh heck, I miss it and love so many people there that I'll just enjoy hearing anything you have to mention.

Glad you get to return home here a lot, and wishing you a move back to where your heart is. If meant to be, I'm hoping the same thing for myself.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

There are many worse places to be "stuck" than San Antone.

Comment

Working...
        X