Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from the Mainland

Aloha,

About me...Pakay Chicky, born and raised in San Francisco. Now live in the outer SF Bay Area. One day I landed on the Island and never wanted to l leave, I felt so at home. I think my Papa missed Honolulu Port when he first left Canton in 1922. I visit O'ahu at least once a year if not more. I hope one day when I retire to settle there, however, I have a few strings that tug at me fo I have many friends and family here and I would miss them. But through my work, I have cultivated many good friends on the Island too. I know though, if it's really meant to be things will fall in to place and I will be their one day.

That's all for now, I look forward to chatting with all.

Hula Honey

Re: Newbie from the Mainland

Originally posted by HulaHoney View Post
    ..Pakay
    Pake?

Comment

Yes...pake...same ting...pakay...LOL

Comment

It doesn't matter how yuo spell your heart knows best.

Welcome to HT.

I know many people who consider English as there Second Language so they often feel intimidated by contributing there thoughts on a board such as this because they are criticized by the way they write....

I don't have an excuse for my mistakes... however, i make them to.

Please do not feel intimadated by people on HT that tend to criticize people on there grammar abilities.

I dated a lady who didn't speak english at all and because of that... I have found that I often truncate sentences in general.

Happy belated Halloween!

Welcome to HT and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Mahalo nui loa Manoasurfer for your kind words, thoughts and warm aloha.

Intimidated..never...not me. I have learned in my life's journey that there will be people in this world who always feel the need correct you or tell you what's right or wrong. I try not to take things like this personally. If it suits me I have learned from it, if not it's in my trash can. As they say when you get lemons, make lemonade..

TTFN

HulaHoney

Comment

One of the best parts of HT is the "ignore list". Say, for example, you get messages from someone containing profanity and self-importance, well, you can just put them on ignore and then live peacefully on.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
              One of the best parts of HT is the "ignore list". Say, for example, you get messages from someone containing profanity and self-importance, well, you can just put them on ignore and then live peacefully on.
              Until you see their messages in a quote, in someone else's post; then their comments live on. But don't worry - no one on HT would ever sink to that kind of behavior.

Comment

Yeah, Leo Lakio, I've noticed that little glitch. But, I figure it's like having the bad neighbor move from next door and to the other side of town. You might still see them every once in a while, but not have to see them constantly.

Comment

I no worry...I one happy go lucky girl. Unless it is very distasteful...yuck tooey...I like a good challenge in words and thoughts. But good to know there is an "ignore list", hope I never have to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by HulaHoney View Post
                    hope I never have to use it!
                    We get into the occasional heated spat around here, but in general, we like to hear what others have to say - and the admins are pretty good at reminding us to be civil.

So, I'm looking forward to you jumping into various threads with your p.o.v. Can you tell us about your interests as they relate to hula (I'm just guessing, based on your name...)? I'm with a halau in Seattle.

Comment

Leo...LOL...it took me awhile, okay a few seconds to figure out p.o.v. Yes, you will get my views as I always have plenty to say.

Hula, yes I belong to a Halau in Walnut Creek, Ca. I've been dancing for 4 years. I live and breathe hula; tahitian secondary...mostly the aprarimas.

Comment

Working...
                      X