UH-Manoa vs. Utah State, November 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH-Manoa vs. Utah State, November 4

Any thoughts, predictions, or ruminations about the upcoming game at Utah State?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: UH-Manoa vs. Utah State, November 4

I'm thinking that this is UH's real time to show that we CAN dominate on the road.... although this is a weak team.

I wish Coach Jones would be more compelled to run up the score....

After watching the rebroadcast of last weeks game.... I did notice that Coach Jones may have had a personal rivalry going against Dennis Ericksen... that may explain some of the things he did... ie; calling for the replay when they were so far up in the 3rd quarter...

I think UH could possibly really win this game by 70 points if coach jones would allow the starters to play the game out.... other than that... I expect Coach Jones to remove the 1st stringers about half way through the third quarter thus preventing the run up of the score....

Final prediction UH 65 - Utah State a mercy 13.

Comment

My predictions:

UH 55 Utah State 20

Eight TDs, 7-8 PATs, 0 field goals

Colt - 406 yards passing, 5 TDs

Ilaoa - 90 yards rushing, 1 TD; 60 yards receiving, 1 TD

Comment

Payback is a Batch!
        The Warriors, who have won five in a row, are 26-point favorites.
        Utah State leads the head-to-head series, winning four out of five.
        http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...083526417.html
        I sincerely hope we pile it on!

Comment

28-3 at the half! Almost made the spread already!

Comment

Give credit to Utah State, though, coming out of the gates in the second half to score on their opening drive. They’ve got some playmakers, and the Utah State coaches have helped Riley Nelson refocus from trying to do everything himself to using the weapons they have. Still 28-10 Hawai‘i.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

I really like that they just went for it on a fourth and 2 w/ 7:00 minutes left and a 46 point lead...

I like it!

Comment

All I'm getting here on the UH-UState game are the updates on ESPN...man..what a romp! I kind of figured, if anything, it might be a little too cool in Utah for the Bows taste, and that might have had potentially slowed 'em down a bit. Evidently, the nation's #1 offensive squad is having no problem!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  Final prediction UH 65 - Utah State a mercy 13.
                  Final Score 63 - 10

So who's going to the the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl....

This is a possibility... USC loses 2 more games... A USC vs UH game!

Pacific-10 Conf All
                  California (10)* 5-0 7-1
                  USC (9) * 4-1 6-1
                  WSU (25)* 4-2 6-3
                  Oregon (24)* 3-2 6-2
                  Oregon State 3-2 5-3
                  Arizona State 2-3 5-3
                  UCLA 2-3 4-4
                  Washington 2-4 4-5
                  Arizona 1-4 3-5
                  Stanford 0-5 0-8

(*) Denotes National Ranking as of Today

So who would you like to see UH Play in the 2006 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl?

Comment

If U$C falls to being 5th or 6th in the PAC-10, I suspect that they would DECLINE the invite. First, out of SHAME for having collapsed down the stretch, second, out of FEAR of UH potentially hanging 60 on them. After all, the Trojans dropped 60+ on us the last three times we played them.

Manoa, it could happen. I think Cal will beat them and UCLA could (it's a rivalry game). As Oregon State did last week.

Comment

I would like to see the Rainbows play the Cardinal, because I detest Stanford athletics.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        I would like to see the Rainbows play the Cardinal, because I detest Stanford athletics.
                        I don't see that happening... any second or third teams you would like them to play?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

Not only is Stanford NOT bowl-eligible, they're in danger of "running the table" for an "undefeated season" (unable to defeat a single opponent).

Comment

Hawaii wins 6th in row, accepts Hawaii Bowl bid
                            Hawaii beat Utah State 63-10 today at Romney Stadium and accepted a bid to play in the Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl at Aloha Stadium. It will be UH's fourth Hawaii Bowl appearance in five years. The Warriors improved to 7-2 with their sixth consecutive victory and finished their road schedule at 3-2. UH is 5-1 in the Western Athletic Conference. Utah State fell to 1-8 and 1-4.
                            Wow. Stomping the vandals 68-10 was fun, but that was a home game. This was an away game in chilly Utah. Even if Utah is 1-8, I wouldn't have expected them to get beaten that badly!

Comment

Colt Brennan made #6 on the ESPN top plays/players/etc countdown!

Will Colt start getting some serious Heisman thoughts?

If he sticks around for next year... I hope UH will make a packaged DVD the way they did for Chang....

Even though Colt is not a "local boy" he is the best QB in my opinion that UH has ever had.

Comment

Working...
                              X