The "euphoria after nailing a job interview" APPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "euphoria after nailing a job interview" APPRECIATION thread

Only a few good feelings I've experienced can match it. Ain't nothing like knowing you nailed all the questions thrown at you at a job interview. Tonight, I'ma hang out at home, eat, eat, eat, and enjoy the Lakers' victory on TV.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: The "euphoria after nailing a job interview" APPRECIATION thread

I had a really good one myself yesterday. I'll put one down for you tonight while I'm celebrating mine. Best of luck on landing it.

Comment

Nailing an job interview can be one of the top 5 best things I could experience, however it can quickly be the top 5 worst experiences after you learn that you didn't get the job, and you start to think what you could have done to get the job, and what you did wrong that cost you that job.

Anyway, good luck with it!
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yep. You just gotta be yourself and figure that if they don't hire you, you wouldn't have been happy there anyway.

Comment

I've always thought about the old saying..."Never count your chickens until they hatch"

Comment

I've got another back to back interview day on monday. I'm never sure if it's better to have two on the same day to get them over with, or if I'd rather space them out a little.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              I've always thought about the old saying..."Never count your chickens until they hatch"
              Exactly.

No matter how good a person might feel after a job interview I wouldn't consider the interview nailed unless it was followed by a job offer.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                No matter how good a person might feel after a job interview I wouldn't consider the interview nailed unless it was followed by a job offer.
                sad. and true. i see that a lot. i was actually going to say something else and now i'm all debby downer in this thread.

MIKE keep us posted on the offerrrrrr.

ps: my first time looking for work after 11 years was here on oahu and i failed miserably at all of my interviews. went for an account exec position that i REALLY wanted and actually called the interviewer by the WRONG name after the meeting! ack.
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

that happens all the time. You'd be surprised at how often people do that when I'm doing interviews. It's really no big deal. As long as you aren't way off on your answers to the detail questions, or you don't argue with the interviewer when they correct you, you're fine. All interviews are primarily checking for personality fit. there's not much you can do to change that. Like I said, just be yourself. If they decide that you're not a good personality fit, you're probably better off not working there.

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                    sad. and true. i see that a lot. i was actually going to say something else and now i'm all debby downer in this thread.

MIKE keep us posted on the offerrrrrr.

ps: my first time looking for work after 11 years was here on oahu and i failed miserably at all of my interviews. went for an account exec position that i REALLY wanted and actually called the interviewer by the WRONG name after the meeting! ack.
                    I got it! Sorry I didn't keep you guys posted...I was too busy celebrating with a Coke and a bag of Chesapeake cookies. Whatchu know about the Pepperidge Farm steez?

I may be hiring a few heads in the upcoming weeks...PM me if you'd move to Kauai to work, but don't be expectin to be able to buy hot ish with your pay

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      I got it! Sorry I didn't keep you guys posted...I was too busy celebrating with a Coke and a bag of Chesapeake cookies. Whatchu know about the Pepperidge Farm steez?

I may be hiring a few heads in the upcoming weeks...PM me if you'd move to Kauai to work, but don't be expectin to be able to buy hot ish with your pay
                      Congrats! NOW you can go out and do the happy peepee dance!!

Comment

What's the industry?

Comment

non prof, youth services

flickr

Comment

congrats on landing it. I hope to join you next week.

Comment

Working...
                            X