Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Honolulu

Hi everyone,

I found the link to this website through Champuru's site. This is my second year on Oahu. I'm a student at HPU. I'm originally from Taiwan, but I grew up in Malaysia. So I'm very used to the whole melting pot of culture. I feel very much at home here.
    I live in Waikiki, and quite like it.. I've gotten used to the noise!
    I'm really glad I found this site from Champuru's page! Give me a chance to get to know Hawaii a little better!

Cheers everyone! Have a good weekend!

Susie

Re: Aloha from Honolulu

Hi, Sooz! Welcome.

What or who is Champuru?

Comment

Welcome to HawaiiThreads...

You will find HT similar too HPU... A very diverse bunch of people!

Are you just here on a student Visa or do you plan to make Hawaii your home?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
        Hi, Sooz! Welcome.

What or who is Champuru?
        http://www.champuru.net/blog/ This is Champuru!

I thought she would be a member here already...

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
        Welcome to HawaiiThreads...

You will find HT similar too HPU... A very diverse bunch of people!

Are you just here on a student Visa or do you plan to make Hawaii your home?
        I am on a student visa right now. I would want to make Hawaii my home, but at the same time I am still thinking of tranferring to different place. Slightly undecided at the moment, I am exploring.

Comment

Oh man WELCOME!!! Ive wanted to go to HPU! But Im not too rich.. aka no money.. poor.. and Im not good at school..
          what do ya study over there?

Comment

Originally posted by suzums
            I am on a student visa right now. I would want to make Hawaii my home, but at the same time I am still thinking of tranferring to different place. Slightly undecided at the moment, I am exploring.
            I'm glad you have an open "exploring" attitude. Where are you thinking of exploring after Hawaii?

I always kind of feel sorry for students on Student Visa's that come here for school fall in love with this place and then have to return to their native countries... Especially when some of the countries that they return to our going through rough times.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              I'm glad you have an open "exploring" attitude. Where are you thinking of exploring after Hawaii?

I always kind of feel sorry for students on Student Visa's that come here for school fall in love with this place and then have to return to their native countries... Especially when some of the countries that they return to our going through rough times.
              Exploring everywhere and anywhere. I've have been slightly held back in my last year here... so to be honest, there is still much of the island I have not seen. So I guess exploring as much as I can so I can activate my curious mind again. But an exact place I was thinking of transferring to was San Francisco.

As for the student visa issue, it is a pain. Even now it limits me to on campus part-time jobs... I will try my hardest once I finish school to find a job, here or on the mainland.

Originally posted by *pinao* View Post
              Oh man WELCOME!!! Ive wanted to go to HPU! But Im not too rich.. aka no money.. poor.. and Im not good at school..
              what do ya study over there?
              I'm currently a Journalism student, and minoring in Japanese. Haha but in my third year of college now, I'm thinking of switching majors...

Silly me...

Comment

Originally posted by suzums View Post
                http://www.champuru.net/blog/ This is Champuru!

I thought she would be a member here already...
                Donna is! Her Blog is great!

Auntie Lynn

BTW: Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Donna is! Her Blog is great!

Auntie Lynn

BTW: Welcome to HawaiiThreads.com

Thank you Auntie Lynn!

Comment

Welcome, Suzums - your photos are great! The jellyfish ones are amazing; it's so cool that you have the "oldies" from your family, too. But the b+w ones really caught my eye, as back in my college days, I worked almost exclusively with Tri-X & Pan-X b+w film - I had access to a darkroom, so I took the opportunity to really learn about the art of contrast.

Comment

Welcome, Susie! Yep, Donna (Champuru.net) is a member here. Give her a nudge, will ya? We haven't heard from her in a while.

I see you're on Last.fm (discussed here), Flickr, and have a blog. I think you're going to get along quite smashingly at HawaiiThreads!

A journalism major at HPU? Cool. I have a J degree from UH-Manoa. But you're thinking of changing? To what, if I might ask? Please don't say public relations!

Comment

Originally posted by suzums View Post

I'm currently a Journalism student, and minoring in Japanese. Haha but in my third year of college now, I'm thinking of switching majors...

Silly me...
                        Sounds cool..

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Welcome, Suzums - your photos are great! The jellyfish ones are amazing;
                          Whoa... Leo's comment about the jellyfish made me look...

You get my Avatars cousin on camera too...my avatars a blue jellyfish I saw in the Ala Wai http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5joRyeGKyc

It tripped me out...

Other than that nice pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Welcome, Suzums - your photos are great! The jellyfish ones are amazing; it's so cool that you have the "oldies" from your family, too. But the b+w ones really caught my eye, as back in my college days, I worked almost exclusively with Tri-X & Pan-X b+w film - I had access to a darkroom, so I took the opportunity to really learn about the art of contrast.
                            Awesome!

Yea I love using film! Even though I don't do it as much now! My DSLR has been too convienent for me! :P

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              Welcome, Susie! Yep, Donna (Champuru.net) is a member here. Give her a nudge, will ya? We haven't heard from her in a while.

I see you're on Last.fm (discussed here), Flickr, and have a blog. I think you're going to get along quite smashingly at HawaiiThreads!

A journalism major at HPU? Cool. I have a J degree from UH-Manoa. But you're thinking of changing? To what, if I might ask? Please don't say public relations!
                              Thanks for the welcome!

LOL not public relations... I'm thinking either social work or TESL (teaching english as a second language). I am appling to UH-Manoa as a transfer for next fall, hopefully I'll be accepted!

I don't know Champuru, lol I just came by her blog from Flickr! But will definitely let her know that she is missed here!

Comment

Working...
                              X