Rest in peace Uncle George Holokai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in peace Uncle George Holokai...

I just heard that Uncle George Holokai who was a famous hula dancer here in Hawai'i passed away at Kaiser Hospital. Uncle George Holokai was also a mentor to the now famous Keali'i Reichel. We will miss you Uncle George and your influence in the Hawaiian culture. Please keep Uncle George family in your prayers!
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: Rest in peace Uncle George Holokai...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...160879425.html
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

It's so sad when someone famous passes away, 'ea?
      'Alika

Comment

Its sad to have lost such a wonderful cultural treasure. In addition to Keali'i, he educated so many and did so much to help preserve the Hawaiian culture.
        --John Dirgo, RA, ABR, e-PRO
        Island Trust Properties, LLC
        808-987-9243 cell
        http://www.hawaiirealproperty.com

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about his loss. I hope many followed his example and will keep the culture alive. In that way he will certainly live on.

Comment

my kane brothers and i will be learning two hula that came from uncle george.

our kumu hula will teach us when we are ready and we will help to keep his style and dance alive.

joel

Comment

Originally posted by JAvendan View Post
              my kane brothers and i will be learning two hula that came from uncle george.

our kumu hula will teach us when we are ready and we will help to keep his style and dance alive.

joel
              Maika'i no e joel! Please tell your kumu mahalo for keeping uncle george style and dance alive.
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                Maika'i no e joel! Please tell your kumu mahalo for keeping uncle george style and dance alive.
                ---

achow,

you got it!!!!

joel

Comment

Working...
                X