Aloha from Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Massachusetts

Hello, I am Jeff, (with wife Sally & 10 yr old son Dylan)
    We are visiting the islands in April 2007
    We will be in Maui for a week at Grand Wailea Resort,
    then hop over to Oahu for a few days before getting on
    Carnival Spirit for a 12 day cruise...
    This is our first visit to Hawaii & can't wait

Aloha

Re: Aloha from Massachusetts

Aloha Jeff,

Welcome to Hawaiithreads, I'm KaYa. Hope you have a fantastic time when you visit!!! The grand Wailea is beautiful, Maui is my favorite island even though I don't live there, I live on Oahu. Mellow, laid back is what Maui is know for, have funn!

A Hui Hou,

KaYa T.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
      Aloha Jeff,

Welcome to Hawaiithreads, I'm KaYa. Hope you have a fantastic time when you visit!!! The grand Wailea is beautiful, Maui is my favorite island even though I don't live there, I live on Oahu. Mellow, laid back is what Maui is know for, have funn!

A Hui Hou,

KaYa T.
      Thanks for the welcome, sharp car
      I hope to do a little ATV riding with the family, any preferance on what island would be best to ride? or any one... thanks again for welcome, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by mr508ma View Post
        Thanks for the welcome, sharp car
        I hope to do a little ATV riding with the family, any preferance on what island would be best to ride? or any one... thanks again for welcome, Jeff
        Welcome to HT, Jeff. There are several ATV outfits on Maui. I think this one is the one that's been shown on various travel shows. I'm glad you're not thinking about doing that biking down Haleakala (downhill bikers typically incur the wrath of local drivers because they tend to take up a lot of the road in some places where there are no shoulders to safely ride bikes). The ATVs at least don't have to compete with cars on the roads, although they could still be dangerous (people have been seriously hurt in rollovers).

And if you're going to be up on Haleakala anyway for the Maui ATV ride, you might also want to consider doing a zipline ride. You hook yourself to a sturdy cable and then soar over canyons. It's the latest "thrill" adventure on Maui and Kauai.

Staying at the Grand Wailea, eh? Don't be surprised if you bump into a few celebs lolling around the pool. Hollywood types seem to enjoy staying there.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          I'm glad you're not thinking about doing that biking down Haleakala (downhill bikers typically incur the wrath of local drivers because they tend to take up a lot of the road in some places where there are no shoulders to safely ride bikes). The ATVs at least don't have to compete with cars on the roads, although they could still be dangerous (people have been seriously hurt in rollovers).
          That's our Miulang, always finding the dark cloud in the silver lining!

And if you're going to be up on Haleakala anyway for the Maui ATV ride, you might also want to consider doing a zipline ride. You hook yourself to a sturdy cable and then soar over canyons. It's the latest "thrill" adventure on Maui and Kauai.
          Oh, wow, does that look like fun! I'll have to try that next time I visit Maui or Kauai.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
            Oh, wow, does that look like fun! I'll have to try that next time I visit Maui or Kauai.
            That does look fun... but I couldn't find anything on the website provided about it being on Kauai also.

And Aloha Mr508
            Last edited by damontucker; November 5, 2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Welcome to HT, Jeff. There are several ATV outfits on Maui. I think this one is the one that's been shown on various travel shows. I'm glad you're not thinking about doing that biking down Haleakala (downhill bikers typically incur the wrath of local drivers because they tend to take up a lot of the road in some places where there are no shoulders to safely ride bikes). The ATVs at least don't have to compete with cars on the roads, although they could still be dangerous (people have been seriously hurt in rollovers).

Staying at the Grand Wailea, eh? Don't be surprised if you bump into a few celebs lolling around the pool. Hollywood types seem to enjoy staying there.

Miulang
              thanks for welcome & ATV link (i have contacted them prior) & will most likely go with them... not sure about skyline, but also sounds cool.
              thanks for the celeb tip for Grand Wailea, we may not fit in, for we are just average laborers having fun in life, but "oh well", i am sure i'll enjoy. i'll keep an eye for them..
              thanks for ATV danger concern, but we all ride in the northeat terrain, summer & winter & are looking forward to a warm & different terrain

here is a link of a few of us out for a weekday ride

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
              That's our Miulang, always finding the dark cloud in the silver lining!
              it's ok, cycling isn't my cup of tea...
              Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              And Aloha Mr508
              Thanks for the welcomes

Comment

Aloha e Jeff,

He mai!

I just wanted to tell you that my 'ohana and I went to Kapalua two years ago and we're going back on February vacation this year. You would love it. We were fortunate enough to see the Grand Wailea resort. I hope you have fun.

Be sure to go to the Old Lahaina Lu'au if you can. Pure Hawaiian and pure Tahitian!

A hui hou!
                'Alika

Comment

Glad you chose Hawaii for your vacation, sir.

Could you post a recording of yourself saying "chowder" on here?
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mr508ma View Post
                    thanks for welcome & ATV link (i have contacted them prior) & will most likely go with them... not sure about skyline, but also sounds cool.
                    thanks for the celeb tip for Grand Wailea, we may not fit in, for we are just average laborers having fun in life, but "oh well", i am sure i'll enjoy. i'll keep an eye for them..
                    thanks for ATV danger concern, but we all ride in the northeat terrain, summer & winter & are looking forward to a warm & different terrain
                    Um, for sure it'll be different terrain (it's ranchland that has rolling hills) but it won't be warm! The location is up about 4,000 feet above sealevel(Haleakala is 10,000 ft tall) and depending on when you go, it might be cool and damp (drizzly). I don't know if they cancel rides for foggy weather because of the slippery terrain, though (it sometimes gets very foggy in that area in the morning).

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Aloha Jeff! Welcome to HT!
                      Im sure youll have great time on Maui

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                        Be sure to go to the Old Lahaina Lu'au if you can. Pure Hawaiian and pure Tahitian!
                        Heard of this Luau & are already booked for it, thanks

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        Could you post a recording of yourself saying "chowder" on here?
                        Then you'll wanna hear the "pahk the cah at Hahvahd yahd" LOL
                        sorry, no microphone

Um, for sure it'll be different terrain (it's ranchland that has rolling hills) but it won't be warm! The location is up about 4,000 feet above sealevel(Haleakala is 10,000 ft tall) and depending on when you go, it might be cool and damp (drizzly). I don't know if they cancel rides for foggy weather because of the slippery terrain, though (it sometimes gets very foggy in that area in the morning).

Miulang
                        I think the temps will be fine, right now it is feeling cool in the lower 30's & will dip down below zero this winter (we ride year round).. & will be lucky if we see 40 before we leave.. a foggy drizzly day will feel warm

Originally posted by *pinao* View Post
                        Aloha Jeff! Welcome to HT!
                        Im sure youll have great time on Maui
                        Thanks all for the Aloha's
                        This is what we got planned so far [subject to change]

Comment

Hello Hello Jeff!!! I finally made it!
                          Sally
                          Mr508ma's better half..lol

www.SallyBowers.com
                          http://www.myspace.com/sallyab

Comment

Howdy & Aloha!! From MA too! I'm formerly of Oahu...born and raised there and now living in Bradford!

Love, love, love cha-ooow-dah! Both the fish and the clam kind! Great especially now with the cold weather coming on!

Enjoy your visit to warm & sunny Hawaii!
                            Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                              Howdy & Aloha!! From MA too! I'm formerly of Oahu...born and raised there and now living in Bradford!

Love, love, love cha-ooow-dah! Both the fish and the clam kind! Great especially now with the cold weather coming on!

Enjoy your visit to warm & sunny Hawaii!
                              Hi Lovena, thanks for the Aloha, we are more central [north of Worcester]
                              How long have you been in MA ? long enough to adjust to the weather ?
                              So what would be the coldest temp we'd see in April/May in Hawaii ??

Comment

Working...
                              X