• SADDAM Gets Death Sentence

...yep....by HANGING.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061106/...saddam_verdict
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: SADDAM Gets Death Sentence

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    Apparently he wanted death by firing squad, but under Iraqi law he has to die by hanging. I read that somewhere today, and if I find the link I'll post it.

They should have brought him over to Idaho, where they still have death by firing squad.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think he should be TORTURED to death!

Comment

Hmm...I was never a supporter of capital punishment. Something tells me that this will just cause a lot more problems for the US. [sits tight, praying for this year's high school seniors]
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

It's not capital punishment... it's Iraqi Punishment!

Comment

BFD. The verdict was not unexpected and the people of Iraq are still going to be dying in the midst of sectarian violence as long as we and the rapidly dwindling coalition of the willing remain there.

For one Iraqi (Baghdad) opinion on today's events, read Riverbend's blog entry for today here.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Iraqi law now requires any death sentence (or life in prison, for that matter) to be appealed automatically. If the Iraqi appellate justices uphold the sentence, it has to be carried out within 30 days of said decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Iraqi law now requires any death sentence (or life in prison, for that matter) to be appealed automatically. If the Iraqi appellate justices uphold the sentence, it has to be carried out within 30 days of said decision.
                One slight fly in the ointment of a speedy execution is that nowhere in the Iraqi Constitution does it spell out any limit on the maximum amount of time the appeal court can spend deliberating the appeal. As in the American justice system, review of that appeal might take YEARS.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Lovely timing of this verdict, originally due in early October.

Dancing in the street in Baghdad. Rallies for Saddam in Sunni neighborhoods.

Of course, there's an appeal process, so Saddam won't be hung in the near future.

Comment

Something tells me that this will just cause a lot more problems for the US.

Yup.....no doubt it would be better to let brutal, lawless, dictators run rampant in our world.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Something tells me that this will just cause a lot more problems for the US.

Yup.....no doubt it would be better to let brutal, lawless, dictators run rampant in our world.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
                      It's foolish and arrogant to assume that "our" problems in the Mid East will die with Saddam and his henchmen. There's several generations of his followers waiting to grow up and kill Americans.

We lost.

flickr

Comment

There's several generations of his followers waiting to grow up and kill Americans.

And by your logic, we should just LET THEM?

You represent the portion of America who think's that the war is in Iraq. WRONG.

This war is idealogical. You need to watch the episode of Star Trek about the BORG before you will totally understand the issue at it's roots.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                          And by your logic, we should just LET THEM?
                          Of course not. I'm sayin we're just perpetuating the circle of violence 'cause we meddled into ish that wasn't our responsibility. WMD? More like WMB. I won't say what that is...figure it out. It's been the cause of most of the world's problems that are rooted in imperialism.

You represent the portion of America who think's that the war is in Iraq. WRONG.
                          Ok, red pen. I gotta try not exposing how I think and feel about an issue in just a couple posts on a messageboard.

This war is idealogical. You need to watch the episode of Star Trek about the BORG before you will totally understand the issue at it's roots.
                          And LOL...Star Trek won't be needed here. I agree it's ideological, and that's the problem. 6th grade history parallels this and explains the root of the problem: a buncha heads of state in the West are tryna be like popes, launching "crusades" to destroy ideologies that don't fit ours.

flickr

Comment

I'm not a fan of the death penalty. I'm sure he has many pertinent secrets that may soon die with him. Being in custody for life seems to be a worse punishment.

Comment

Amazing how we always come back to the Crusades, and at that point, timkona always shuts up. Maybe this time will be different.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X