Forum for Pets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum for Pets?

Would the administrators consider adding a forum on pets/animals?

Just wondering if there would be any interest.

Re: Pets?

I would be interested.
    Last edited by glossyp; November 10, 2006, 04:52 AM. Reason: complete the thought

Comment

I'm obsessed with my cats--I take bajillions of pics of them doing the most mundane of things.
      I'd be interested in a pets forum...

Comment

i'm there.

life is ok sometimes

Comment

I love my dogs to death and would definitely post in a Pets forum, if one were created.

Then we could get into some fun flame wars about which are better, dogs or cats. I'll get the party started: Dogs totally PWN cats!!!

Comment

I started a thread a while back in the Ohana section titled Hānaiāhuhu - Family Pets!.

We've got four female Shih Tzu's. Each one with very unique personalities. I'm basically their Alpha leader. No matter where I'm at around the house, they all have to be there within site of me. How flattering.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              I started a thread a while back in the Ohana section titled Hānaiāhuhu - Family Pets!.
              Pomai, I knew you started one! I was searching and searching but couldn't find um. I didn't tink to look in that category.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Pomai, I knew you started one! I was searching and searching but couldn't find um. I didn't tink to look in that category.

Auntie Lynn
                That's the problem.

I really think that a pet forum would generate a lot of new and interesting threads.

Seems like a lot of us would have plenty to contribute.

Comment

Great idea W_RN.

That way we could start individual threads on specific breeds of dogs, cats and God knows what else folks around here have in their backyards.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

See? Now that's the kind of stuff that makes people smile...

Not as much as the toilet-seat-cover thread, but what the hey.

So could we pleeeeeeze have a forum dedicated to pets? Pleeeeze??

Comment

If you look at the piece of paper on the floor you'll notice it's a state tax form. That process seems to have tired out our poor pup (13 years old, Tigger is, but sometimes she's still as puppy-like as ever).
                      Attached Files
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

If pet threads become a constant topic here, a dedicated subforum might make sense. But as with the previous "talk about your pets" thread (where I've moved the non-forum related posts from this thread), I think the 'Ohana section works just fine for the sporadic pet-related thought. After all, they are family.

Comment

Re: Forum for Pets?

I'm lobbying for a dedicated subforum. We could have info like the various rescue groups aside from the humane society which is over-burdened, vet recommendations and information resources. There could be threads about pet health, what to consider when bringing a new pet into the family and ones devoted to particular kinds of pets. Plus the all-important photo galleries. I don't think we can cover all of that in a single thread in the Ohana forum. Just my humble two cents of course.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                            I'm lobbying for a dedicated subforum. We could have info like the various rescue groups aside from the humane society which is over-burdened, vet recommendations and information resources. There could be threads about pet health, what to consider when bringing a new pet into the family and ones devoted to particular kinds of pets. Plus the all-important photo galleries. I don't think we can cover all of that in a single thread in the Ohana forum. Just my humble two cents of course.
                            I agree. Yes, they're certainly part of the family but I don't really think that one would go and look in the Ohana forum for pet info.

Have you heard about Joey's Feline Friends?

I have seen people from the organization come into my vet's office with cats. They seem like great, caring folks.

I don't have any personal experience with the organization but here is their website (looks like it's under construction):

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/joeys/

Comment

great idea, but not many pets can use a computer
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X