Designer Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designer Position

Aloha all. I wil be moving to Oahu here in 4 months and I am searching for a Graphic Design/Motion Design position at a local studio.

Does anyone know of any good studios they can refer me too or is anyone looking for a full time designer by chance?

I appreciate any help I can get and thank you for you help.

Aloha
    -Josh
    -Josh

Re: Designer Position

Good luck BeachbumJosh...

However, your field is a very competitive one here in Hawaii...

Can I suggest though that you change your Nickname from BeachbumJosh to SeekingemploymentJosh.

I don't know to many people out there hiring self proclaimed "bums"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      [...]I don't know too many people out there hiring self proclaimed "bums"
      I've been a bona fide beach bum all of my life, even as a kid. I initially solved it by working for Surfing illustrated after graduation from high school. Hanging out at the beach was a way of life. And, after all these decades it's still my avocation of choice. When I moved to Hawaii I was so fortunate to work on location as various island beaches...beautiful beaches. And I got paid for it! Complete euphoria! I solved the job problem by opening my own business. Many times my clients call me and ask what that background noise is. It's the sound of the surf and my beach chair is in shallow water. That's my favorite office! ...the beachside office of Reel Services! Kakaako pales by comparison.

Comment

SeekingEmploymentJosh just doesn't have a nice ring to it. Maybe Searching4ParadiseJosh. The employment is just something I need to survive over there. Life shouldn't be live to work but rather work to live . The beachbum is the after hours part following a solid days worth of work.

As for the ocean as my office, that is the best idea yet. Need an assistant? JK. Thanks for the help everyone.

Aloha
        -Josh
        -Josh

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I've been a bona fide beach bum all of my life, even as a kid. I initially solved it by working for Surfing illustrated after graduation from high school. Hanging out at the beach was a way of life. And, after all these decades it's still my avocation of choice. When I moved to Hawaii I was so fortunate to work on location as various island beaches...beautiful beaches. And I got paid for it! Complete euphoria! I solved the job problem by opening my own business. Many times my clients call me and ask what that background noise is. It's the sound of the surf and my beach chair is in shallow water. That's my favorite office! ...the beachside office of Reel Services! Kakaako pales by comparison.
          I'm envious....What a great way to do business. We should all be so fortunate. I know you have that great Makaha Surfside ocean view too. That's a pretty one.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Kakaako pales by comparison.
            at least you're close to a yummy pau hana spot!

life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              I'm envious....What a great way to do business. We should all be so fortunate. I know you have that great Makaha Surfside ocean view too. That's a pretty one.
              Originally posted by BeachBumJosh View Post
              [...]As for the ocean as my office, that is the best idea yet.[...]
              I wish I could say that 100% of my work was conducted from the beach but, alas, 75% of the time I'm on the computer or operating a video camera in a studio! But if it's primarily a phone day or a 'creative' day or a breaking down a script day...that's best done from the beachside office; from the chair in the surf!
              Originally posted by christa View Post
              at least you're close to a yummy pau hana spot![...]
              Yep...there are definitely perks in Kakaako! The other thing I have in the Kakaako office that I don't have at my beachside office is........the Starbuck's palm trees!!! Everyone who's seen them loves 'em!

Comment

at the risk of taking this thread totally out of the subject matter at hand.... i must say..... WE WILL TOTALLY COME TO YOUR BEACH HOUSE and do more !

ps: josh check out hawaiimedia
                Last edited by christa; November 10, 2006, 10:51 AM. Reason: spelled beach bech!
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by BeachBumJosh View Post
                  SeekingEmploymentJosh just doesn't have a nice ring to it. Maybe Searching4ParadiseJosh. The employment is just something I need to survive over there. Life shouldn't be live to work but rather work to live . The beachbum is the after hours part following a solid days worth of work.

As for the ocean as my office, that is the best idea yet. Need an assistant? JK. Thanks for the help everyone.

Aloha
                  -Josh
                  Josh, don't write like that on HT. Seriously. This site catches a lot of eyeball traffic in the above-described industry and pennies can by hard to come by. In other words, tailor your goals of work/life balance in such a fashion that it won't be misconstrued as a half-ass work ethic.

pax

Comment

Thanks for the advice Pua'i Mana'o! I can always use a good refreshing now and then and trust me when I say that my work ethic is far from half-ass.
                    -Josh

Comment

How's that search goin' Josh? Do you have a website or anything with examples?
                      Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

Hey Slick,

Search is going ok so far. Having trouble finding studios out there. I am in Dallas right now and am searching from afar. My reel is being put together right now and will be done soon. For the time being, if you are interested you can check out this site.

www.janimation.com

I do motion graphics, compositing and graphic design here and am hoping to do the same there. Know of any good studios you recommend I should talk too? Email me back

Mahalo-
                        Josh
                        -Josh

Comment

Working...
                        X