Veterans Day 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Day 2006

Today is a Holiday! Tomorrow is Veterans Day. How are you spending the day? Do you know or are you a Veteran. If you are ~ thank you for serving our Country! I never really appreciated Veterans until my own children joined the Military. It was then I knew first hand the sacrifices in which a soldier goes through to serve our country.

My Gaya is now a Veteran. Her husband is in Iraq. The irony. I will spend time with her tomorrow...afta feeding my friends at KauKau Wagon. Or she'll come again like last week.

Once again ~ MAHALO!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 10, 2006, 09:17 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Veterans Day 2006

We have been helping prepare military packages all week.
    Then tomorrow the local Veterans have a parade.
    So I wil take the boys to salute them. It's been a busy week!
    I love the local Parades here, they have all the Veterans come out and people stop and thank them.
    My grandfather who was a WWII Veteran passed away last year but he was able to participate before he died. He loved it, still being honored after all these years!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Thank you to all who serve or have served in our military.

Comment

Lots of veterans in our family. Before my father passed away I would call him every Veterans Day to thank him for his service in Korea. My nephew is in Iraq. My sincere appreciation goes out to each and every one who has served and serves now.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
          Thank you to all who serve or have served in our military.
          My husband says you're welcome.

He was a sergeant in the US Army in Vietnam and Thailand, from 1968-1971.

Loving gratitude to all who have served in the past or are serving now. May God keep our brave military fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters safe and return them to those who love them.

Comment

I brought her a basket filled with various snacks and goodies. Yeah, she has done a heckuva job keeping my dog healthy.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              I brought her a basket filled with various snacks and goodies. Yeah, she has done a heckuva job keeping my dog healthy.
              Mike, uhhhh...who you talking about? This is the Vets thread. Not the Pet's thread.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank you to all the veterans of all past conflicts, and to those who still fight for an undefined cause in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Miulang

Remember
                Written by Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC

It was the Veteran, not the reporter,
                who has given us the freedom of the press.

It was the Veteran, not the poet,
                who has given us freedom of speech.

It was the Veteran, not the lawyer,
                who has given us the right to fair trial.

It was the Veteran, not the campus organizer,
                who has given us freedom to demonstrate.

It is the Veteran, who salutes the flag,
                who served under the flag,
                and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
                who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

Written by Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC
                All Gave Some - Some Gave All
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

since i'm a veteran we all left early today. and lol at mike

those were certainly some hard times but i got so much out of it that i'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to serve.
                  life is ok sometimes

Comment

I'm a veteran, but I was an airman while Ronald Reagan was president. As a result, I had very little to do beyond my computer job monitoring surveilance data. I'm grateful for that time in my life. It got me out of the house and into the world and kicked some maturity into my system. I have nothing on those veterans who saw time in war zones. Nothing.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                      I'm a veteran, but I was an airman while Ronald Reagan was president. As a result, I had very little to do beyond my computer job monitoring surveilance data. I'm grateful for that time in my life. It got me out of the house and into the world and kicked some maturity into my system. I have nothing on those veterans who saw time in war zones. Nothing.
                      But you served and you did good.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Mike, uhhhh...who you talking about? This is the Vets thread. Not the Pet's thread.

Auntie Lynn
                        LOL!!!

I think Mike is celebrating his new job.

Comment

To our female Iraq and Afghanistan conflict veterans

As America recognizes its veterans Saturday, a small but steadily growing number are women - some 28,000 of the 274,000 service members currently deployed. While still officially relegated to support positions and barred from infantry or armored divisions, such distinctions mean little when even the enemy isn't clear and any position can be a target.

"My guess is that one of the results of this conflict is that there will be a redefinition of women's roles," says David Segal, director of the Center for Research on Military Organization at the University of Maryland. At checkpoints where Iraqi women must be searched, Professor Segal notes, women "have to be there."

Women's integration to default combat has occurred as a result of practice, rather than policy, Segal says, noting that racial integration happened in much the same way during the Korean War. The shift may help Americans' ideas about who military members are, though it's still shocking to some to see women come back from Iraq or Afghanistan in body bags or with amputations and other traumatic wounds. Fifty-eight women have been killed in Iraq since 2003, and 428 have been wounded.
                          An extra special thanks go to the military women who never thought they'd be on the front lines of a conflict, for persevering and keeping up with the men under very dangerous conditions.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

To all who risk their lives in the military -- thank you for your courage, and your commitment, and your sacrifices.

Don't hate the player -- hate the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X