Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Anyone Use This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Anyone Use This?

Has anyone tried/use Glucosamine and Chondroitin? I bought some about three weeks ago, used it every day for two weeks. I can't tell for sure if it had any effect, so I'm wondering if longtime use would improve my chances.

I'm a "young" 46, but my shoulder sometimes aches terribly and pops, and knees grind when I bend them. (the oil can I borrowed from the Tin Man didn't help )

I saw a TV commerical about "Osteo Biflex", but when I went to Wally World, I found a very similar, lower priced product, so I bought it.

If anyone has used this stuff long term, has it worked for you?
    Thanks a bunch, in advance.

Re: Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Anyone Use This?

My grandma's doc put her on that for arthritis, then stopped it after finding that it was the cause of her headaches and occasional vertigo. After one month, she said she didn't feel any better in her knees, so the doc took her off of it since it caused more problems than anything else.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I have taken it for 2 years. I see a marginal difference. I have 3 discs that are completely gone in my back and I didn't notice anything for about 6 week or 8 maybe. But I do see a little lessening in the pain now. But I use the Meleleuaca brand. It is supposed to be more water soluble.

At work my hubby's friend Dave takes it and he has for 4 years on prescription. He says it does help him but he didn't notice for 3 months. He has a severely disfigured leg and back from an accident. But he says he feels less pain and has more "cushion" as he put it.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I will try it for a longer time period, I guess that even a little help may just do the trick. The "cushion" effect is exactly why I bought the stuff. That was what the tv commercial touted, anyway. I wonder if there's any other supplemental product that has the same effect?

Lately, I've been sitting around, getting antsy for my condo to sell, but I do plan on being very active, once again, when this sale is over! Maybe by then, the stuff will kick in! I hate drugs, so I don't take anything but a few aspirin when it really bothers me.

Comment

I hate taking drugs also. But I was taking ibuprophen every day. Now I only take it maybe once a week. I don't know. It's worth a try.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I used them for about a year to help heal and rehabilitate a strained MCL in my knee. To be honest, I didn't notice anything at all. Then when I saw my doctor and told him I was using, he said to stop because there's no proof that it works. Thats what my doctor said at least ... Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X