Mahalo for the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahalo for the site

Aloha from the midwest. I recently vacationed in Maui, and like many mainlanders fell in love. It's amazing that growing up in Michigan, I feel such a pull from the Pacific. I also lived in San Diego for 6 months in 1999, so maybe that adds to the pull. I work in local television news in Michigan, so maybe my path will someday bring me west. At least to CA. I've become very interested in Hawai'i culture and events. I read the Maui News a few times a week. I look forward to the message boards. Aloha.
    It's poison ivy, or something. We're itchy!

Re: Mahalo for the site

Aloha, and welcome! I am also originally from Michigan. I've been in the desert for 19 years, and am in the process of moving to Oahu. My move west was the best thing I've ever done, and I don't regret it for a moment. Now, on to Hawaii, and another new adventure!

Tell me, does Bob Talbert still have a column in the Detroit Free Press? Just wondering, I was highly amused by him for years before I left.

Aloha!

Comment

Re: Mahalo for the site

Aloha Hope. I'm not sure about Bob, I'm from the southwest side of MI. I'm not a freep reader. Good luck on the move to 'Oahu.
      It's poison ivy, or something. We're itchy!

Comment

Working...
      X