Back in da day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in da day...

I wasn't sure if this should have been in the 'ohana area or here but since all da kine stuff can go into the melting pot, I'll put this thread here.

As I went through old family pictures today I started to notice some are just uniquely Hawai'i. I thought of this board and how so many of you kama `aina must have similar pictures of parents, grand parents, great grandparents and so on. Sharing them would be a great way to tell a little about ourselves, ethnic culture and such without having to show actual pictures of ourself (though I'm not exactly shy about that either).

Anyway, I can start. I apologize for the quality as my scanner has been broken for ages and I had to take a picture of a picture with my digital camera. LOL! Plus many of these old pictures are tiny and or not the greatest quality to begin with.

Here is a picture, probably from the 1930s of my Hawaiian tutu.

And funny enough I have a similar picture from the 1940s of my Portuguese gma.

I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Re: Back in da day...

LeiKaina, nice pics. Great thread.

I've got some great ones of my parents and grandparents in Hilo and Kohala "back in da day". Gotta' go scan 'em in first.

Thanks for sharing!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
    X