unlock cellphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlock cellphone?

hi i'm a T-mobile subscriber, my phone is OLD, and need a replacement. I have a friend who just bought a new phone, and he gave me his old one (which is way better than what i have now). he's with Cingular hence it's locked to that carrier. I'm really trying to avoid signing a 2 year contract just for a new phone.

does anyone know of a phone store that unlocks cellphones? most of them do sell brand new unlocked cellphones but are very pricey.

thanks!

Re: unlock cellphone?

Look on eBay... I've bought three cell phones for my T-Mobile account, and haven't had any problems with unlocked phones I've ordered from online retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by melemac View Post
      hi i'm a T-mobile subscriber, my phone is OLD, and need a replacement. I have a friend who just bought a new phone, and he gave me his old one (which is way better than what i have now). he's with Cingular hence it's locked to that carrier. I'm really trying to avoid signing a 2 year contract just for a new phone.

does anyone know of a phone store that unlocks cellphones? most of them do sell brand new unlocked cellphones but are very pricey.

thanks!
      Have you tried Googling for "unlock (insert phone make and model number here)?"
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
        Have you tried Googling for "unlock (insert phone make and model number here)?"
        link's right: there are a number of sites that will provide the info for you to use yourself and it's free.
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

yeah i've browsed, and found some unlock sites. but i'm looking for a local store that i can walk into and have it done, instead of paying for an unlock code that may or may not work in the end...

Comment

What kind of phone is it? Maybe I can do it for you.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Doc1456, you really know your stuff about cell phones, huh?
              'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                Doc1456, you really know your stuff about cell phones, huh?
                That's what I live for.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Anyone know of a simple way to unlock a RAZR phone?

Comment

Working...
                  X