M.a.m.e.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.a.m.e.

Does anyone use MAME? If so do you use a Front End to it? I'm looking for a good front end to complete my system. If you dont know what MAME is and want to learn about having all the old school acade games on your home computer. Drop me a line. armypeon@hawaii.rr.com

Visit www.surfpiggie.com to learn more.
    "When In Doubt Hit Alt F4"

Re: M.a.m.e.

A former coworker of mine was nuts about MAME. I couldn't find anything about it on the site you linked, but there's a lot of stuff out there dedicated to it. I tried it out a while back, and got my fix of "Joust," "Dig Dug" and even "Burger Time."

Of course a lot of folks are concerned about the legalities of distributing the games (the emulator is fine), but at this point I don't think there's enough commercial potential for the original programmers of "Qbert" to lawyer up.

As proof of how things always come full circle, I'm most impressed with the folks who make MAME cabinets. Basically, reproducing the actual arcade game stand/box... even though the machine inside isn't 1980s technology but a PC running an emulator.

Comment

Working...
    X