Logged In But Really Not Logged In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logged In But Really Not Logged In

I was going to respond to a thread and I was already logged in. But I tried to post my message and the system asked me to log in again ?

Also what happened to my avatar ?
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Logged In But Really Not Logged In

Is this still happening to you now? Or a better question would be when you first enter HawaiiThreads is it asking you to login?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Is this still happening to you now? Or a better question would be when you first enter HawaiiThreads is it asking you to login?
      It happened to me yesterday once. Luckily it hasn't happened again. I was already logged in by the way.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

That's been happening a lot to me lately, ever since the this message board's software was updated.

I'm thinking that since I have my "Auto Complete" turned off the board's software must be refreshing the server or something kicking me off every time and I would have to relog in.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The “logged in” status in the right-hand corner does not appear to be real-time. I give myself 7 minutes to formulate any message I plan to post to a particular thread. After that, I make sure I save what I wrote, because chances are by then, the system will have kicked me out.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

I know that there is a time out feature on the web site such that if you don't refresh a page it will log you out from the site. You can do one of three things to prevent this:

1) When logging in you can check on the Remember Me? option. This should prevent the time out feature of the web site.

2) If the Remember Me can't be done then when composing messages click on the Preview Post button every so often to restart the time out clock.

3) Open another browser window that also looks at HawaiiThreads.com you can use that browser window to restart the time out clock.

Comment

Working...
            X