Predictions: UH vs. Purdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions: UH vs. Purdue

The UH-SJSU game was closer than a lot of fans thought it would be through 3-1/2 quarters. Just thought it would be interesting to share predictions for this Saturday's game with Purdue (8-4, 5-3 in Big Ten).

Purdue is battle-tested this season. 3 of 4 losses came against Top 25 teams (Penn State was the none-Top 25-er). Neither the O nor D of the Boilermakers stand out, but they can grind with any team (although Michigan and Ohio State are two teams NOT on Purdue's schedule this year). Hawaii's first venture into the polls in a longtime will be short-lived, and Purdue will beat its first ranked opponent of the season. Purdue over Hawaii, 28-24.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Predictions: UH vs. Purdue

UH 47 Purdone 21

After attending tonights game... I want rematches with Bama and Boise St. This could have been an undefeated season... we only lost to the two of them by an average of 7.5 pts! Both away games less yet...and both games came down to the last play of the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      The UH-SJSU game was closer than a lot of fans thought it would be through 3-1/2 quarters ... Purdue is battle-tested this season. 3 of 4 losses came against Top 25 teams (Penn State was the none-Top 25-er) ... Hawaii's first venture into the polls in a longtime will be short-lived, and Purdue will beat its first ranked opponent of the season.
      It’s true Purdue is a tough Big Ten opponent who will come ready to play. But Hawai‘i has the home advantage, and I have a feeling more than the usual 29,000 fans are going to show up for this one. It takes some mental toughness to jet lag it all the way out here, something the Boilermakers haven’t demonstrated off the field.

In addition, the Vegas bookies have underestimated the margin of Hawai‘i’s victories for the past four games, and they’re calling UH a 16-point favorite. The Warriors even beat Mānoa’s 32-point spread against San Jose State. Mike, you say that game was closer in the first 3 quarters then fans expected... maybe. But most will agree it was primarily due to an unusual amount of penalties.

Hawai‘i handles Purdue 31-27.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

45-17 UH

I heard this morning on the Bobby Curran show that Purdue's pass defense is ranked 95th in the nation or something. That does not bode well for them.

Their offense is prolific but I don't see them winning a shootout. That coupled with the Hawaii home field advantage makes me think we win this going away in the third quarter.

Anyone care to bet a beer?

Comment

UH 49, Purdon't 24

Aside from UH, I also attended Indiana University (Purdon't's chief rival). BOIL the Boilermakers!

Some Purdon't's fans have conceded that their 8-4 record merely indicated that they are the worst 8-4 sham in the country, being that they did NOT play Ohio State and Michigan this year.

Comment

Wow, you'd think that a coach would be happy to have the opportunity to play in Hawaii.

We're happy to play against you too, Coach Tiller!
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              Wow, you'd think that a coach would be happy to have the opportunity to play in Hawaii.

We're happy to play against you too, Coach Tiller!
              Actually...... If I was a Coach... I wouldn't want to play against Hawaii either

But I would have attempted to keep my big mouth shut about it though before the game was actually played.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                UH 49, Purdon't 24

Aside from UH, I also attended Indiana University (Purdon't's chief rival). BOIL the Boilermakers!
                I attended IU briefly in the late 90s. Um, yeah. I only lasted a year.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                Actually...... If I was a Coach... I wouldn't want to play against Hawaii either

But I would have attempted to keep my big mouth shut about it though before the game was actually played.
                My thoughts exactly. Or, he could have kept his mouth shut altogether in the spirit of sportsmanship and just let the two teams have at it!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Great things happening with the Purdue program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2670933

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue football players Eugene Bright and Derek Benson will not travel to Saturday's game at No. 25 Hawaii because they were arrested at a party over the weekend, the school said Tuesday.

Police used a stun gun to control the 21-year-old Bright, who is accused of fighting with an officer trying to arrest people at an underage drinking party hours after last week's win over Indiana.

Bright, a junior defensive end, was charged with battery on a police officer and resisting law enforcement, Lt. Gary Sparger of the West Lafayette Police Department said Tuesday. Bright hit the officer in the arm and chest, Sparger said.

Comment

I'd like to increase it to 56 - 21 UH

They are Purgonners!

Comment

The players at UH know that to crack the top 20 they gonna have to pummel Purdue. Colt has a shot at the Heisman only if Hawaii wins this game HUGE< HUGE< HUGE.

63-9
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

More on Tiller's comments in today's Advertiser, as well as a broader piece that tackles exactly why Mainland teams are often trying to scratch Hawaii off their schedule -- and it isn't because of Colt Brennan. It ain't cheap, nor easy, to play here.

Comment

That's right, and beating a WAC team is no big deal to them, while losing to a WAC team hurts like heck.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Purdue Exponent - Purdue’s Student Newspaper
                            ...the Boilers game against Hawai‘i would mean virtually nothing in the sense that their post-season plans would have already been solidified ... Tiller said he would rather not have to play this game, primarily to avoid any further injuries to his team ...

“Like every team in America, right now we are worn down and we don’t need another game.”

... junior wide receiver Joe Whitest ... didn’t play against Indiana. Tiller said Whitest has a stress fracture in his foot and has been fitted with a walking boot. Whitest is out for Saturday’s game.
                            I would like to change my prediction to UH rolls over Purdue 44-21.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

I am a frequent checker of the ESPN scoreboard on Saturdays, since I won't pay those ridiculous pay-per-view prices. The front page features the big games: The top 25 and a few other serious matchups. Finding the 'Bows score usually means hitting the menu and choosing the WAC scoreboard.

It's so cool to see them right there on the front page today.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X