Pronunciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronunciation

I going put up one poll. Cuz I wondah if dis is one difference between da islands oa wat:

How u pronounce da word "tita" weah u stay from?

Tita (tida)
    83.33%
    Teeta (teeda)
    16.67%
    Someweah in between da two
    0.00%
    sometin even moah different
    0.00%
    Aloha,
    Mokihana

Re: Pronunciation

I grew up on Oahu and Big Island but was the same on both island. Just when depend on who you was around or who you waz calling. My sistah was tita and a hot girl was teeta.

Comment

Re: Pronunciation

Originally posted by aleno
      I grew up on Oahu and Big Island but was the same on both island. Just when depend on who you was around or who you waz calling. My sistah was tita and a hot girl was teeta.
      I grew up on O'ahu too and we say it both ways, also depending on who we're talking to. But teedah was mainly used for stressing something stupid the tita did. For example: "Aye Teedah, da addah right foot"

Then tita (tidah) was used mainly as a friendly greeting to someone whose name has escaped your memory. For example: "Wassup tidah, whoa long time no see." Then that awkward moment when you need to introduce her to your friends. "So tita, what yo name again?"

or

Used to describe a certain "attitude", for example: "Oh dat girl so pretty like her mom, but whoa she one tidah, no?"

Send POI

Comment

Working...
      X