Pan-Flutes in Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan-Flutes in Paradise

This is one of the most beautiful wind instruments. I have a shop in Honolulu and I am here to help anyone wanting to learn this great instrument.

Take a look & listen
    Brad White
    sigpic
    http://www.pan-flute.com

Re: Pan-Flutes in Paradise

Hi Brad. Surely, you are the White in White Eisenstein, yes? I have always admired your work! Are you playing pan-flutes on all those recordings? Someone told me you were a recordist. Good luck with the online shop.

The website doesn't mention a brick-and-mortar in Honolulu. Do you have a store set up somewhere in town?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hi and thanks, yes I am.. My older recordings back in the 70's & 80's were on recorders and world pipes and then I got into the pan-flute in about 1990 and did a series of CD's with Pierre Grill that got on the Sugo Music label a mainland label. I am still making music with Eisenstein and we are half way finished with some new music. My pan-flute shop is mostly online, though we do see people by appointment. If someone is interested in one our pan-flutes our phone number is on the site.

Here is a piece I did recently with Lee on Guitar with panflute. The pan-flute sounds great on any kind of music , from Hawaiian to Samba to Classical.

Samba
      Brad White
      sigpic

Comment

Listening to the sample right now... that's some great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
          [...]I am still making music with Eisenstein and we are half way finished with some new music.[...]
          That's very cool. I had no idea you 2 were still a duo. Please tell Lee to say hi to Danny for me! Is "Pan Jam" on any of your CDs or is a sample available for listening somewhere? You gave a URL for it on one of the email lists quite awhile ago and I downloaded the song. Is that URL still active?

Comment

Thanks everyone, and hi Sue.... When you first mentioned Pan Jam, I had completly forgoten that piece. It's something I just did one morning in my studio. I did find it on my hard drive and I'll have to make a new link for it. Thanks for the feedback, maybe Lee and I can do it. Lee and I have been friends since we were kids (surfing in the 60's)... after so many years of playing together we took and needed a little break. Now we are working on new things and it is great fun. It is nice to keep Old Friends
            Brad White
            sigpic

Comment

Did you know that Captain Cook brought the pan-flute to Hawaii on his voyage? In Oceania a form of the pan-flute has been a traditional instrument for hundreds of years. And they didn't even see Zamfir in a 30 second TV commercial

I made an animated history with my music in the background.

Special Animated History of the Panflute
              Brad White
              sigpic

Comment

Just Posted: I'll Remember You

Hi guys,

I just posted some music and slideshow that I hope you might enjoy.

Our Hawaii; I'll Remember You
                Brad White
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Just Posted: I"ll Remember You

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
                  [...]I just posted some music and slideshow that I hope you might enjoy.[...]
                  That's beautiful, Brad. I'll send the link to my daughter who is still trying to decide whether or not to move back home. This may be the push she needs!

Ummm...ya might wanna reproof the "photography by..." byline!

Comment

Re: Just Posted: I"ll Remember You

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    That's beautiful, Brad. I'll send the link to my daughter who is still trying to decide whether or not to move back home. This may be the push she needs!
                    Well it tipped the scales just a little bit more to the West for me Thanks for sharing, Brad, that really moved me.

I remember the song -- I think Makaha Sons has it on one of their albums.
                    Last edited by Vanguard; March 17, 2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X