Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)

In The StarBulletin today: http://starbulletin.com/2006/11/22/news/story14.html

3 infants found dead in separate incidents
    By Leila Fujimori

"Three Oahu babies died in three apparently unrelated incidents early yesterday morning or last night.

A 3-month-old girl early yesterday in Wahiawa. A 5-week-old infant and an 8-week baby girl.

Police have classified all three cases as unattended deaths.

I am deeply sadden as I remember my own grandnephew's Braydon's death this past April from SIDS. He was three months old. Our Ohana was devastated. We still are. Yet, we have come to grips knowing we were blessed by God to have had him for a little while with us.

SIDS is preventable. Everyone should be aware on how to prevent and see the warnings. Please take the time to read it in the The National SIDS Web Site. http://www.sidscenter.org/

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)

I'm curious to know if any of these children have parents who smoke.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      I'm curious to know if any of these children have parents who smoke.
      I don't know about the three cases. I do know that my nephew and his wife doesn't smoke. None of the grandparents smoke too.

Comment

Wow, Lynn, this is like reading that the Angel of Death passed through, right before the holidays. This is frightening. Makes you wonder if other elements have anything to do with SIDS...like weather changes, barometric pressure, asthmatic symptoms...or if these babies all were sleeping in the same kind of beds...Such a mystery. You are right. These little lives are blessings no matter how short they are.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My 38 year old daughter is a SIDS survivor...3 times over. It's painful to know that this 'condition' still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            Wow, Lynn, this is like reading that the Angel of Death passed through, right before the holidays. This is frightening. Makes you wonder if other elements have anything to do with SIDS...like weather changes, barometric pressure, asthmatic symptoms...or if these babies all were sleeping in the same kind of beds...Such a mystery. You are right. These little lives are blessings no matter how short they are.
            It is devastating. None of our Ohana ever went to a Baby's Funeral. Braydon's was so emotional. It was packed with loving friends and family from both sides of his parents. Although Braydon is no longer here with us on Earth...he is always in our hearts and minds.

For the parents who just lost their little ones...my heart pains for them tonight. SIDS is not a mystery death any longer. It is preventable. People need to be aware. Especially, those who will become parents soon or are new parents.

Love and Aloha

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              My 38 year old daughter is a SIDS survivor...3 times over. It's painful to know that this 'condition' still exists.
              Goodness gracious, Sue, aren't you having a heck of a week? Hugs to you. Really big all encompassing hugs to you!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                Goodness gracious, Sue, aren't you having a heck of a week? Hugs to you. Really big all encompassing hugs to you!
                Thanks, Paula, but the SIDS episodes took place 38 years ago. Of course, time never erases something like that. I was lucky. Very lucky. I wish Lynn's family had been as fortunate.

Comment

Working...
                X