Korean Soap Operas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Soap Operas?

I live on Maui, and our cable service has different listings than Honolulu. My Mom lives in Honolulu. She does not have cable, but used to be able to watch a Korean soap opera until a few months ago.

I would like to either record the shows for her, or buy DVDs. The problem is, she is old and I have a difficult time understanding which show she watches. Could you please tell me the names of all the Korean shows... I want to find these shows on the internet so that I can show my Mom pictures and figure out which one she is talking about. Hopefully, I'll be able to find her favorite listed in my area, or find out where I can purchase DVDs.

Thank you!

Re: Korean Soap Operas?

Does your mom speak English? Hmmmm...neva mind. I'll take this to PM.

Ooops! How come can not send you one PM?

Wea did you go?

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what PM is.... new here.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
        Sorry, I don't know what PM is.... new here.
        Neva mind. I'm an avid Korean Soap Opera Fan. However, I don't watch them on t.v. I rent D.V.D.s for my MAMA and me every week from Alpha Video at Stadium Mall. I also have a collection. I live in Honolulu. I am willing to share and deliver to your mom if you would like me to ~ FREE. You can PM (private message) me by clicking on my NAME and sending me a message or send me an email at lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

I am not a "mama killer!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Anyone who loves Korean soap operas should check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzANrO0Wl0

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Anyone who loves Korean soap operas should check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzANrO0Wl0
            I wasn't gonna click the link but I neva have nuttin foa do dis early in da morning. I'm glad I did!

Totally hilarious!

Too bad no moa da continuation.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Too bad no moa da continuation.
              I was looking for a "Part 2" as well -- especially after "Ms. Long Bong" showed up alive in the cemetery.

For the rundown on many Korean soap operas, here's a link...
              http://com1.runboard.com/bcjkdramasincalifornia.f2

I'm currently hooked on "Seoul 1945" and "As the River Flows"....
              Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                I was looking for a "Part 2" as well -- especially after "Ms. Long Bong" showed up alive in the cemetery.

For the rundown on many Korean soap operas, here's a link...
                http://com1.runboard.com/bcjkdramasincalifornia.f2

I'm currently hooked on "Seoul 1945" and "As the River Flows"....
                Is dat the one about the two brothers? Great movie.

You gotta watch "Bali!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Is dat the one about the two brothers? Great movie.

You gotta watch "Bali!"

Auntie Lynn
                  I don't think so. "Seoul 1945" is about a group of childhood friends that end up on opposing sides in the Korean War, while "As the River Flows" is set in the late 1960s and is mostly about two families -- one that's descended from Korean nobility and ended up poor and another one that's descended from the "noble" family's servants and ended up rich.

I have the DVD box set of "Bali", but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, since I'm still trying to finish watching the "Glass Slipper" DVD box sets. I should probably to stay away from YesAsia.com for a while.
                  Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Here are some helpful links for you

http://www.kbfd.com/eng/index.html

http://www.koreanwiz.org/dramas.html

I've been a Korean drama fan for 10 years now.

Comment

has anyone watched Ode to Han River?? if so what was the ending??? i missed the last episode!!

Comment

I am willing to share and deliver to your mom if you would like me to ~ FREE.Auntie Lynn
                        You are SO sweet to offer. I'm afraid, tho, my Mom will die of a coronary if I send a stranger to her home! She's 84 and lives alone... you know what I mean. LOL on your comment about not being a Mom killer!!

Comment

Thanks Jonah K and Keanu for the links! They are a great help to me!!

Comment

I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard at that youtube clip! Thank you for that!

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                              I have the DVD box set of "Bali", but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, since I'm still trying to finish watching the "Glass Slipper" DVD box sets. I should probably to stay away from YesAsia.com for a while.
                              Your gonna LOVE "Glass Slippers" MAMA and I wen pau dat da odda week. Talk about drama!heheheh

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                              You are SO sweet to offer. I'm afraid, tho, my Mom will die of a coronary if I send a stranger to her home! She's 84 and lives alone... you know what I mean. LOL on your comment about not being a Mom killer!!
                              My MAMA is 82. You could talk to her before about me and and my MAMA...ahhhh, well. I tried. I guess I would be afraid of me too.

Don't believe all you read.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X