I want to improve my English skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to improve my English skills

Hello, My name is Einosuke Watada. I am 15 years old Japanese male. You can call me Eino (Aye-no) for short. My middle schooling is 3rd years. I am hoping to improve my English skills and meeting nice people. I want to go oversea travel to Hawaii maybe this summer or next summer.

I want to improve my English skills

My name is Einosuke Watada from Juso, Osaka. I am 15 years old Japanese 3rd year Junior High school male. (Kitano Junior High). I want to soon oversea travel to Hawaii and go to University in Hawaii, after graduation from High school. I am scared a little bit writing in English compete with real Americans in English. I feel very ashamed of my poor English even though I work hard very much. I actually want to be as good as real American because I want to be a real English teacher in Japan. I want to major English not in Japan but in America. I feel lots of pressure to make my English perfect, and I am always ashamed to write like ESL.

If any of you here in Hawaii speak both Japanese and English, maybe you can help me with my English. I also want to be more like American and live freely and become progressive kind of human.

I heard in Hawaii, Japanese peoples can generally transition to becoming like American more smooth coming from Japan.
    Last edited by ewatada; November 23, 2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here First

Wat? I was resting afta a big Thanksgiving Lunch...almost choke. I taught you was him.

Sayonara!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Wat? I was resting afta a big Thanksgiving Lunch...almost choke. I taught you was him.

Sayonara!

Auntie Lynn
        Sorry, I dont understand your English. Is this English slang? I thought in English, when saying you was him, it was you were him? I am now not sure. Please write simple for me.

Comment

Hi Eino,
          Today is a holiday in the USA...Thanksgiving. You may not get many replies today because everyone (including myself very soon) is eating turkey dinners, lots of food, too much food! We'll have a hard time getting close to our computers to type because our bellies will be so full! Welcome to Hawaii Threads. There's another young man who posts here. Akrauth is about your age. I'm not sure you want to pick up some of the english you see here! Regardless, type on. What do you want to be when you get out of school?

Comment

Hi, I want to be English teacher in Japan graduate from real American university. I want my English like real American. I am so ashamed my English is lousy. If I go to USA to learn English, I be so shameful if I am writing like ESL. I want to write so they cannot tell I am American or Japanese one day. Please introduce me to Akurath.

Comment

Originally posted by ewatada View Post
              Sorry, I dont understand your English. Is this English slang? I thought in English, when saying you was him, it was you were him? I am now not sure. Please write simple for me.
              I suspect she throught you was Ehren Watada who has been the subject of this other thread here on HawaiiThreads. To be honest you do share his last name and your first name does start with an E.

Comment

Helen, I think Eino was confused more by the use of grammar than anything else. He's learned verb conjugation and was questioning Auntie's conjugation.

Eino, you will see various forms of english here...pidgin, slang, intentional grammar mistakes to make people laugh...you name it. You will see it all! Hawaii Threads is a fun place to hang out but the english you see will probably confuse you more than teach you!

Comment

Eino, trying to learn English, should hook up with Shaun Hoffman (and his sister, "softbaby"), who seem to be interested in learning Japanese. A match made in... well, somewhere.

Comment

heheheh

I love HT, TG, my LAP TOP & EVERYBODY!

Ooops! Wala'au & Auntie PuPuLe.com

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 23, 2006, 02:54 PM.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      I suspect she throught you was Ehren Watada who has been the subject of this other thread here on HawaiiThreads. To be honest you do share his last name and your first name does start with an E.
                      Wow! How could he make reputation of Japanese peoples look like coward even to American! I feel ashamed to be Watada in USA and people will say you know Ehren, coward? I dont want this. I feel ashamed for him myself. I like to say sorry to Americans on behalf of Japanese peoples that we have such a coward of our peoples here. We are very sorry. How he is going to live whole life with sense of shame, and dishonour to himself too. I can not believe a Japanese person can even life with himself after being cowardice action. Sorry, I cannot read all this English well. Maybe I judge too quick, being (namaiki), but I want to tell you I am not related with Ehren, and don't even know who he is until you show me the link to him.

Please dont make any association with Ehren Watada. Watada is a common last name. If he wants to flee, he can claim Japanese nationality and leave USA where Japanese peoples dont know about him. It would be hard to live in country with such reputation living with shame, I think.
                      Last edited by ewatada; November 23, 2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I am so ashamed my English is lousy.
                        はじめまして.

Don't feel bad, your English is a lot better than my Japanese! Welcome to H.T.!

よろしくお願いします!
                        Last edited by Bard; November 23, 2006, 06:26 PM. Reason: Fix kanji

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          Eino, trying to learn English, should hook up with Shaun Hoffman (and his sister, "softbaby"), who seem to be interested in learning Japanese. A match made in... well, somewhere.
                          Ok, please introduce them to me. Please tell them to send me message. I will show them Japanese. If other Japanese Hawaiian want to learn more advanced Japanese, I can show also. Put please no dirty words questioning. Only serious people's okay.

Comment

Wow! How could he make reputation of Japanese peoples look like coward even to American!
                            I think its been argued wether he is a coward or not for standing up for what he beleives in, but thats another thread.

Welcome.
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Good English in Hawaii Threads?? Good Luck !! I'm fairly certain there are several folks here who simply cannot claim full literacy in ANY language.

As for the question of honor, 1/2 of American's have abandoned the idea. To some people, following through on pledges or promises that you make to others just does not matter enough anymore.

And that is why the name Watada is heroic to some Americans.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X