Free Stuff from a Packrat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Stuff from a Packrat!

The "Packrat Geek" is cleaning house again! Some old gadgetry around that may be of interest to other packrats. This time, everything's free... the only cost is your time and a drive to Mililani.

Samsung DVD-V8600 VHS/DVD Combo Unit. It's a 4-head HiFi VHS tape player and DVD player (progressive scan), with front AV inputs and an "all-in-2" memory card reader (SD, XD, SM, CF). We got this particular unit less than a year ago from Costco, but my wife found it too finicky with our kids smudgy DVDs, and had to run one of those 'eyelash' disc cleaners through it every week. For all I know there's just some dust on the lens, but thanks to Black Friday she went out and got a replacement. We've never even used the VHS side. Includes manual, but no remote (we used a cheap universal). May work better for you than a house with kids.

Toshiba W622 4-head HiFi VCR. In great shape since we had it only a couple of months before getting a VHS/DVD combo unit (see above). Just found it in storage, with the remote, even! Yeah, VCRs are cheaper than toasters these days, but if you really need one, it's yours.

Philips-Magnavox DVD815AT. As basic a DVD player as you can get. This one's six years old, but works. Not with really fancy interactive DVD games or anything, though. S-Video and bitstream/PCM out as well as the standard video outputs. Can't even find specs online, though you can apparently get one for $14 for parts. May not be worth the drive, but I want to ask before I toss it!

Dell E551c 15" CRT Monitor. The basic color monitor that came with Dell PCs (13.27" diagonal). Dark grey. Not much else to say about a CRT!

Pickup in Mililani near the high school. If you could make use of any of this, PM me or e-mail ryanozawa@gmail.com. Mahalo!

Re: Free Stuff from a Packrat!

Packrat!!!

Hello! I'd prefer to say St. Nick!

What a generous offer to those that might not have!

You rule dude!

Comment

Working...
    X