First Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Snow

Well, I had hoped for snow this year since it is our last year in Oregon. And usually we do not get any! But in 5 minutes this is what I got on my front porch! Woohooo...let the season begin!

I doubt my boys will sleep tonight I could barely keep them inside! Time to break out my butterscotch Schnapp Hot cocoa!

I love the big fluffy snowflake that is to the side. These are stickin!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Re: First Snow

Watching the Seahawks game on MNF tonight and seeing the snow made me think of the Northwest...

Then I read my local online paper and found out that Bellingham is virtually shut down because of the snow

I miss the snow... but I don't miss it that much!

Hope you guys in the PNW and wherever else it snows have a safe winter.

Comment

It was snowing here today too, quite pretty. Actually at one point it was:

a) Snowing
      b) Sleeting
      c) Sunny
      d) Blue sky visible

All at once. Gotta love PNW weather.

None of it stuck down here though. We may get another go at that tonight...

Comment

I wish I could have taken a picture of my cul de sac tonight. Almost everyone (including adults) came out and took part in snowball fights. It was a great bonding time for the neighborhood. My guess is that we've had about 8 inches fall so far, and it's still coming down. I'm crossing my fingers that the feds shut down tomorrow so that I can stay home with the kids and go sledding.
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Do you know that I know plenty of working class people that don't even own a pair of pants or a jacket here in Hawaii... not because they can't afford it... only because they don't need them?

On the other hand... 1stwahine has a slipper drive for kids that don't even have things to put on their feet because of economics here in Hawaii.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ight=christmas

We are lucky that we live in Hawaii...!
          Last edited by damontucker; November 27, 2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            Do you know that I know plenty people that don't even own a pair of pants or a jacket here in Hawaii?
            I am SOOO sticking my tongue out at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
              I am SOOO sticking my tongue out at you!!!
              Be careful... you know what happens when you touch your tongue to a freezing pole
              Last edited by damontucker; November 27, 2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I dunt no whash u tashing adout....

Comment

Presently anticipating another evening-commute disruptive storm system in the Puget Sound area today...snow tonight, turning to rain overnight as the temperatures move back above the freezing point.

Comment

LAME! I need to get out tonight and buy a few things. i think it calls for freezing rain here too...so glad I do not have to commute. I sympathize with ya Leo!

Comment

A little dark, but here is our view up Queen Anne Hill in Seattle last night, just as the snow was ending:

Comment

Is that snow on the rooftops??

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          A little dark, but here is our view up Queen Anne Hill in Seattle last night, just as the snow was ending:

Did you catch the nimrods who were sledding down the QA counterbalance last night, too? Sheesh. I swear, every time it ices over, at least one idjit gets hurt when he slides underneath a car or into a telephone pole!

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I spoke to my Aunty who lives north of Seattle. They had their power knocked out for 30 hours due to the snow Lucky I live Hawaii
                            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                              Is that snow on the rooftops??
                              Yes it is. The AF was trying out the "snow" setting on her new digital camera, and this was the best result.
                              Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Did you catch the nimrods who were sledding down the QA counterbalance last night, too? Sheesh. I swear, every time it ices over, at least one idjit gets hurt when he slides underneath a car or into a telephone pole!
                              Nah - we were on QA Ave as the snow started to get heavy though, visiting my mother in a care facility, but we walked home before they closed the hill. We've walked up to watch the nimrods in the past (which makes us accomplices in a way, doesn't it?) - you see that kind of stupidity once, you've seen enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X