Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper......HOT!

Has anyone heard of Pepper? This trio is from Kona
    The spirit of aloha is alive and well and currently residing in sunny Southern California . Meet Pepper; Bret Bollinger, Kaleo Wassman, and Yesod Williams, three young innovative minds mixed with divine inspiration from the Hawaiian Islands.
    This band is awesome....these guys are the future of what music from the islands can be.
    Attached Files
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Pepper......HOT!

Yup, these guys are awesome! I like their sound, kinda reminds me of Sublime.

Comment

pepper gets pretty regular play on Star 101.9. good songs, and of course, who would not be amused by the raucous "give it up?"

i enjoy live music quite a lot...that said, i saw pepper perform a couple of years ago.

i prefer to listen to their recordings.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I saw Pepper at the Waikiki Shell earlier this year when they opened for 311. They kicked ass.

Maybe it's because they're touring regularly now, but I'm sure they put on a better live show than they did a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
          I saw Pepper at the Waikiki Shell earlier this year when they opened for 311. They kicked ass.

Maybe it's because they're touring regularly now, but I'm sure they put on a better live show than they did a few years ago.
          that would be a relief. bcs i do enjoy their music. i was sorely disappointed when i saw them years ago and the singer was off key or shouted lyrics versus singing them more than an acceptable part of the time.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

people here like pepper 2. roots rock reggae kinda band. like slightly st00pid and sublime. try download this song ... ''drinkin for eleven'' by mad caddies.. they sound almost like pepper
            Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
              ...Maybe it's because they're touring regularly now, but I'm sure they put on a better live show than they did a few years ago.
              I agree 100%.

My BFF went to Konawaena with them so we naturally played the role of groupie girls while they were mostly here. I sure hope those videos don't get out!

[Kidding]
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Pepper is set to return to Kona for a show on Jan. 20, 2007

and they appear on two of my albums if you need XMAS ideas.

V/A -- Roots, Rock, Reggae: hawaiian islands

V/A -- Hawaiian Punk

aloha
                808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

H3LL Yeah!!! We just played a show with them!! They stopped here as one of the stops on thier Jagermiester tour.
                  "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X