PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Avatar Challenge!

tutusue
November 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
This is the HT version of the Christmas light contests that takes place in various neighborhoods and condo buildings. It's simple! Change to a Christmas or holiday themed avatar. I'll request votes for your favorite via PM on 12/20. And, yes, I'll post a reminder, possibly 2! The avatar with the most votes gets a prize...I'll gift the song of your choice, holiday or otherwise, via the iTunes Music Store. Gawd, I'm cheap! :D

Results may be audited by admin if he so chooses! ;)

blueyecicle
November 29th, 2006, 03:03 PM
It says Merry X-mas! does this count??!!! :p

Menehune Man
November 29th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Okay... I got a Christmas avatar! :)

PS: I looked just like that many years ago. HaHa!
Must be delusions of granduer, eh?!

tutusue
November 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
The voters will decide! :D

adrian
November 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I bet mine is the most painful. :)

lavagal
November 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I bet mine is the most painful. :)

For an IUD!

tutusue
November 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Okay... I got a Christmas avatar! :)

PS: I looked just like that many years ago. HaHa!
Must be delusions of granduer, eh?!
Ah jeez, MM, you're on your 2nd Christmas/religious avatar already! No matter, tho', 'cuz it's the avatar on 12/20 that counts. Keep changing, if you must! ;)

damontucker
November 29th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Grinchsurfer checking in!:p

Might change by the deadline:rolleyes:

Menehune Man
November 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Ah jeez, MM, you're on your 2nd Christmas/religious avatar already! No matter, tho', 'cuz it's the avatar on 12/20 that counts. Keep changing, if you must! ;)

Well... I figured a teenager Jesus (though that's cool) is not a Christmas Avatar. 'posed to be a baby Jesus at this time of year, eh?! And I looked like that long ago too! HaHa!

U'ilani
November 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
It was a toss up between the leg lamp and the red ryder BB gun.

1stwahine
November 29th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I'm still deciding. For now it's a picture of my Christmas Tree and Presents from last year!:D

Auntie Lynn

damontucker
November 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Results may be audited by admin if he so chooses! ;)

With Avatars like Blue's... we better at least have a panel of judges that includes at least one of each sex!:rolleyes:

blueyecicle
November 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
With Avatars like Blue's... we better at least have a panel of judges that includes at least one of each sex!:rolleyes:

Ewww no woman will vote for mine! hehe

damontucker
November 29th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ewww no woman will vote for mine! hehe

Did I say Women!:p

nope...never said it... but for some reason... I just get the idea that more female voters would get a kick out of this avatar than many of us guys... but who knows...maybe not!:o

Glen Miyashiro
November 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Man, I hate Photoshop. I dunno how you graphics design guys do it.

Bard
November 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Photoshop and The Gimp are both like brand new leather hiking boots. You hurt each other for a while and then you get used to it and you can't imagine it any other way ;)

Now I gotta make an avatar!

damontucker
November 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Photoshop and The Gimp are both like brand new leather hiking boots. You hurt each other for a while and then you get used to it and you can't imagine it any other way ;)

Now I gotta make an avatar!
or be lazy like most of us all did and find one from someting out there already...

Bard... if you make your own... my vote goes to you automatically...

I think most of has stolen ours... except for Glen...

But I've seen your photoshop skills and you will dominate!!! Heck... yours will probably beat any of ours that were stolen... you creative buggah!!!

So crap...manoa sticking his foot in his mouth... no steal one... I'm looking forward to see your design.... but just remember... like your avatar that you have now... it's got to be dumbed downed... so don't take so much time with the pixels now!

Hellbent
November 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
heres mines

blueyecicle
November 29th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Man, I hate Photoshop. I dunno how you graphics design guys do it.

I love the bird and hat!! It's like the Christmas Hawk LOL

Glen Miyashiro
November 29th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I love the bird and hat!! It's like the Christmas Hawk LOLJINGLE BELLS
JINGLE BELLS
JINGLE ALL THE WAAAAAYYY!! :D

AbsolutChaos
November 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Um, ok...finding an avatar that expresses my cynicism about Xmas with my secret yearning for it to be meaningful and still kinda PC...sigh...

Let me make it clear here: I respect dogs and enjoy them--
BUT
I'm definitely a cat person

So, here's my avatar. You'll have to trust me that the cat has mistletoe attached to its tail and that the cat has a smirk on its face.

:D

I'll change it again if inspiration hits...and I find something that's easier to show--yet true to my heart--in honor of Xmas.

Paul Ogata
November 29th, 2006, 10:04 PM
It was a toss up between the leg lamp and the red ryder BB gun.

No, not the Red Ryder BB gun... You'll shoot your eye out!

Here's my avatar. It's Linda Kringle! Merry Christmas everybody!

tutusue
November 29th, 2006, 10:53 PM
[...]Here's my avatar. It's Linda Kringle! Merry Christmas everybody!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ha
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <snort><hiccup>

tutusue
November 29th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I love the bird and hat!! It's like the Christmas Hawk LOL
Yep...very creative!

I'm waiting for an 8x10 glossy of your avatar, Blu! :D

Glen Miyashiro
November 29th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Here's my avatar. It's Linda Kringle! Merry Christmas everybody!Oh lord! At first glance I thought it was Kris Kristofferson! :p

EastCoastTropics
November 30th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I wanna play too!! :)

Bard
November 30th, 2006, 06:19 AM
But I've seen your photoshop skills and you will dominate!!! Heck... yours will probably beat any of ours that were stolen... you creative buggah!!!

Mahalo! First though I've actually gotta stop being lazy and make one :D

So crap...manoa sticking his foot in his mouth... no steal one... I'm looking forward to see your design.... but just remember... like your avatar that you have now... it's got to be dumbed downed... so don't take so much time with the pixels now!

Yeah I know, kind of a bummer on how few pixels remain. You should see the originals though... it's probably good that more than a few pixels got cut out. ;)

blueyecicle
November 30th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Yep...very creative!

I'm waiting for an 8x10 glossy of your avatar, Blu! :D

OMG LMBO!!! They prolly make one somewhere!:p

Kungpao
November 30th, 2006, 08:50 AM
My version of Blue's :p

damontucker
November 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
ok...now you get my vote;)

Mike_Lowery
November 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Ok, I'm playing too. My avi is Big Baby Jesus :D (aka Dirt McGirt, Russell Jones, Ol' Dirty Bastard, ODB, Osirus, Dirt Dog, Joe Bananas, et al).

Pomai
November 30th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I "Christmas-ized" Kikaida here with a Santa Hat and green and red paint scheme. I tried giving him a beard and mustache but it hid too much of his cool lookin' "double chop" grin.

We'll name him "Kikaida Klaus".

:cool:

Glen Miyashiro
November 30th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I "Christmas-ized" Kikaida here with a Santa Hat and green and red paint scheme. I tried giving him a beard and mustache but it hid too much of his cool lookin' "double chop" grin.

We'll name him "Kikaida Klaus".

:cool:Too funny!

Professor Gill can be the Grinch, and the Dark git-um guys can have elf costumes.

And Jiro's signature guitar lick would be the first few bars from "Silent Night".

Pua'i Mana'o
November 30th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I like the idea of Santa kneeling before the Christ child myself.

blueyecicle
November 30th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Yeah but your chick is hot...mine is gay!...and not hot!

Mike_Lowery
November 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM

I take a LOT of offense to your choice of words to describe your avatar...

I'm not hot! :p

christa
November 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
i wonder if you can tell what mine is?

Mike_Lowery
November 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM

if it is what I think it is...run! :o

damontucker
November 30th, 2006, 12:14 PM

It looks like a gingerbread man... made from an orange peel... with a very awkard stringy from the peel representing the gingerbread mans you know what.:eek:

christa
November 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM
i changed it. it was TOO risque (is that how you spell that?) for family threads :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! business is getting crazy and social world is starting to get bonkers. i'm excited for this next month!

Palolo Joe
November 30th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Ho Ho Hoooooooooo...

damontucker
November 30th, 2006, 02:11 PM
your avatar gave me a laugh pj... wonder how the HT gods will think about it!

Glen Miyashiro
November 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ho Ho Hoooooooooo...So... was that one naughty, or nice?

Palolo Joe
November 30th, 2006, 02:53 PM
So... was that one naughty, or nice?
We'll see... :cool:

Besides, there's already The Hoff in a Speedo, a girl in lingerie and a randy gingerbread man. Mine is just a simple cartoon...

Pomai
November 30th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Too funny!

Professor Gill can be the Grinch, and the Dark git-um guys can have elf costumes.

And Jiro's signature guitar lick would be the first few bars from "Silent Night".Yup. Perfect song. Dreary and menacing, yet peaceful enough to throw Gill off with his horrible flute rant.

Gill doesn't even need to be Photoshopped. He already looks like a Grinch with that shadowed-blue face of his. lol

Maybe with all the sexual themes going on here, I might submit one of Mitsuko as "Mrs. Kikaida Klaus". :D

Bard
November 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Ok, here's an entry. :) This is a cheery holiday version of the hula anime girl I did earlier.

Here's the original big version (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/stgulik/makana11_xmas.png)

Pua'i Mana'o
November 30th, 2006, 10:37 PM
OMG LMBO!!! They prolly make one somewhere!:p

Girl, I will pay you money to change your avatar...I cannot imagine going through the holidays looking at whatshisface in his bibs...please, I beg of you. If we must look at a Santa in his skivvies, please find us a wrestler like the Rock...or Vin Diesel.

Please. It's Christmas.

1stwahine
December 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Girl, I will pay you money to change your avatar...I cannot imagine going through the holidays looking at whatshisface in his bibs...please, I beg of you. If we must look at a Santa in his skivvies, please find us a wrestler like the Rock...or Vin Diesel.

Please. It's Christmas.

heheheh

Or FABIO! :D
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f358/1stwahine/fabiofantasy.gif

Paul Ogata
December 1st, 2006, 02:22 AM
I figured I should post a larger version of my avatar, so you can get the full flavor.

http://myspace-511.vo.llnwd.net/01501/11/57/1501737511_l.jpg

Kungpao
December 1st, 2006, 03:45 AM

HAHA... it's ok. I have the feeling that mine's fake. It's supposedly Shania Twain but in the larger picture, it looks like they took her head from another pic and shopped it onto this body hehe.

Bard
December 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM
I figured I should post a larger version of my avatar, so you can get the full flavor.

That's great. :D Good Photoshopping there!

There's some really good ones on this thread so far...

tutusue
December 1st, 2006, 08:19 AM
I figured I should post a larger version of my avatar, so you can get the full flavor.[...]
I was going to ask if you'd do that, Paul. Too funny! I wonder who I would look like if I had a beard. The Gov now looks like a director I used to work with here during the 80s!!! Years ago, a friend of mine shopped my head on a Playmate's body. I used that photo for ages for online dating services!

j/k

Leo Lakio
December 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM
Years ago, a friend of mine shopped my head on a Playmate's body. I used that photo for ages for online dating services!That was YOU!?!?!?! Uh-oh...

j/k*phew!* Safe...for the moment.

mel
December 2nd, 2006, 06:20 AM
OK.... Here is what I will use as my Christmas avatar for now. I may change it before the Dec. 20 deadline if I find something more Mac like. This is a photo that I took about 2 years ago at City Hall.... the famous Santa dude and his fiberglass wife.

http://cdn-75.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users5/macpro/default/christmas--large-msg-1103184340-2.jpg

tutusue
December 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
REMINDER!
One more week to go before the vote and the BIG prize is awarded! :rolleyes: Don't be the only resident on HawaiiThreads Lane with no decorations. Bah. Humbug. :D

blueyecicle
December 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM
OK.... Here is what I will use as my Christmas avatar for now. I may change it before the Dec. 20 deadline if I find something more Mac like. This is a photo that I took about 2 years ago at City Hall.... the famous Santa dude and his fiberglass wife.

http://cdn-75.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users5/macpro/default/christmas--large-msg-1103184340-2.jpg

Every time I google I get this image!

tutusue
December 20th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Ok, folks. It's voting day. Time to vote for your favorite Christmas themed avatar. PM me today. I have Price Waterhouse on hold to tally the votes and the winner will be announced tomorrow along with his/her iTunes song choice! :D

1stwahine
December 20th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Today is Da Slippah Wish Day too!:D

Auntie Lynn

Bard
December 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Whoa, it sure snuck up on me here. :) I guess the one I have will have to do :)

tutusue
December 20th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Ok, folks. It's voting day. [...]
Forgot to mention that cut-off is 12M tonight! Don't think I'll wait up to see the results. Sure hope I can sleep, what with the suspense and all! :D

christa
December 21st, 2006, 07:26 AM
just christmas? DOH!

is it too late to try?

tutusue
December 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
Drum roll, please...

And the winner is...

Glenn Miyashiro! Post your selected iTunes song here, Glenn, and I'll gift it to you at some point today!

It was a tough count for Price Waterhouse as they had to stay up all night, much to their dismay! But, hey, with a 99¢ prize at stake they knew they couldn't be too careful. :D

Congratulations, Glenn!

tutusue
December 21st, 2006, 07:51 AM
just christmas? DOH!

is it too late to try?
Good point, Christa. I shoulda said 'holiday'...and will make sure to do so next year. If I repeat my boo-boo I expect someone, anyone to correct me! :o

blueyecicle
December 21st, 2006, 08:08 AM
WOOHOOOO congratulations Glen!:D

Glen Miyashiro
December 21st, 2006, 08:13 AM
Drum roll, please...

And the winner is...

Glenn Miyashiro! Post your selected iTunes song here, Glenn, and I'll gift it to you at some point today!

It was a tough count for Price Waterhouse as they had to stay up all night, much to their dismay! But, hey, with a 99¢ prize at stake they knew they couldn't be too careful. :D

Congratulations, Glenn!Oh, wow. Cool! Let me think about the iTunes song thing, Sue. Can I PM you later?

Thanks Sue, for running this fun contest. And thanks to everyone who participated and posted cool avatars.

You know... I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!

Whoops, I think I was channeling for a second there. :D

ps. Once the holidays are over my avatar will be going back to the regular version, so I'm attaching the winning Santa Mejiro here for the record...

tutusue
December 21st, 2006, 09:01 AM
Oh, wow. Cool! Let me think about the iTunes song thing, Sue. Can I PM you later?

Thanks Sue, for running this fun contest. And thanks to everyone who participated and posted cool avatars.[...]
Feel free to let me know at your convenience, Sal...errr...Glenn! Maybe we should do the HOLIDAY avatar contest next year? That'll give everyone almost a year to photoshop another masterpiece! :D

BTW...Christa gets an iTunes song, too, to help make up for my boo-boo. And to think I went to a Hannakuh party last night! :o

Mike_Lowery
December 21st, 2006, 11:34 AM
Boooo, my avatar's just as Christmassy! It's Big Baby Jesus (aka Old Dirty Bastard)!

But anyway, congrats, Glen

tutusue
December 23rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Yo...Glenn? <tap><tap><tap>
Certainly you haven't forgotten that you are the grand prize winner...have you? :D

christa
December 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Good point, Christa. I shoulda said 'holiday'...and will make sure to do so next year. If I repeat my boo-boo I expect someone, anyone to correct me! :o

nooooooo worries sue. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! :D