Wife from mainland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife from mainland?

I grew up in Hawaii but went to middle/high school and am now going to college/grad school in the mainland. Anyway, I've mostly been in relationships with haole women since that's what most women in the mainland are.

I'll probably end up marrying a Caucasian woman from the mainland. I'm hapa and look Asian and I know that any mixed marriages are fine in Hawaii, so that's a plus for the situation. I one day want to settle down in Hawaii and raise our future kids in Oahu. Hopefully Mililani Mauka, depending on how well my future career allows me to do so.

But, I'm wondering, are there any situations where local Hawaii residents marry people from the mainland? I'm more wondering, will my future wife be happy in Hawaii?

Re: Wife from mainland?

But, I'm wondering, are there any situations where local Hawaii residents marry people from the mainland? I'm more wondering, will my future wife be happy in Hawaii?
    I bite... my wife is local... I'm from the mainland.

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Hawaii resident's are more accepting of mixed marriages. So it has more to do with her attitude of loving Hawaii. Some people miss the "seasons" while others miss the expansiveness of being able to drive to other states. If she and you can love the beaches and mountains that Hawaii has to offer and use that as enjoyment then you're okay. Good luck.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Of the local/mainland couples I know, the ones who have managed to succeed in living here in the islands are the ones who met here in the islands in the first place. If I were you, I wouldn't pin my hopes on meeting someone up there, bringing her home to Hawaiʻi, and automatically having her love it here.

Comment

Most of the local/mainland couples that I know are a union of two hard-headed individuals that can overcome the problems of a marriage of mixed cultures. Yep, it takes a strong will on both sides to make mixing cultures work.

Comment

Ok, I'm a romantic. See these lyrics from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Aspects of Love."
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
              Most of the local/mainland couples that I know are a union of two hard-headed individuals that can overcome the problems of a marriage of mixed cultures. Yep, it takes a strong will on both sides to make mixing cultures work.
              YOU Studying me and my wife?

Comment

Mixed marriages in Hawaii? Never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
                  Mixed marriages in Hawaii? Never heard of it.

haha

So I guess the consensus is that it will work out well as long as she'd be willing to reside, have a career, and raise a family in Hawaii with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Q_Manchu View Post
                    haha

So I guess the consensus is that it will work out well as long as she'd be willing to reside, have a career, and raise a family in Hawaii with me?
                    Ding ding ding! We have a winner.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                    X