Those Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Shoes

That's a great song by the Eagles, but enough about music.

What's we're talkin' about here are folks who have an insatiable appetite for new shoes. Especially women. Common' ladies, you know who you are. Your excuse is "because I need something to match this new dress". "Honey, why don't you get rid of these? You're not using them anymore?". "But I will someday." Come on!

Not only women though. There's some guys who are all into basketball shoes. They'll be at Nike store or Footlocker every month buying the latest model. And it's gotta' be NAME BRAND. No Payless stuff here.

Me? Total minimalist. 2 pairs of black leather dress shoes (1 mainly for back-up), 1 pair of running shoes (which I need to make more use of!) and 2 pairs of Crocs (I love these things!). No slippers. Never wore them my entire life. Strictly shoes.

Don't get me started on my "Imelda" girlfriend.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Those Shoes

Ive never tried crocs, but $25 seems alot for a hunk of plastic. I do however, have like 3 doc martins, 1 black sneaker, 1 white sneaker, 1 dress shoe. the sneakers are new, the rest are pretty damn old.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
      Ive never tried crocs, but $25 seems alot for a hunk of plastic. I do however, have like 3 doc martins, 1 black sneaker, 1 white sneaker, 1 dress shoe. the sneakers are new, the rest are pretty damn old.
      I thought the same thing until I bought a pair...

I will never go back to cheap slippahs again.... CROCS the way to go!
      Crocs were discussed here:
      http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ighlight=crocs

Comment

The Crocs rubber slippers are THE best, in spite of the price! I have one pair...black! Sorry Pomai...I'm one of those ladies who doesn't have a shoe fetish and would never wear them again if I could get away with it! My basic shoe wardrobe consists of 3 pairs of Mephisto sandals (beige, black, white...talk about comfort!), 2 pairs of the regular kine rubbah slippahs WITH heels (black, white...for dining out ) and 3 pairs of dressier, low heels (beige, black, white). I do have a half dozen or so pairs of rubber slippers from the 99 cent store for beach use. No way I'm wearing my $29.95 Crocs while beachcombing and tide pooling!

Comment

I used to wear nothing but heels but when I ruptured 3 discs...no more heels!

20 pairs of Old Navy Flip flops.
          3 pairs of fleece and lamb lined flip flop slippers.
          1 pair of sketcher walking tennis shoes (Blue with sparkles and silver)
          5 pairs of COLUMBIA flip flops (2 pink and 1 black and one blue)....love that arch support!
          1 Pair of PINK COLUMBIA river sandals.
          2 pairs of the retro 80's style flat shoes with ribbons.(black and pink) But I will be buying at least 5 pairs (one of every color) by the end of winter
          1 FURRY black pair of boots! Leather and fur WARM!

And last but not least 4 pairs of Misc. Flip flops in brands and colors that I have NEVER worn. I put them on when I got them in the mail and now they sit in the closet, Because they all hurt my feet but it was so much hassle to mail them back it wasn't worth the money!

So for a chick, I don't have many shoes!

Now let's talk PURSES! hehehe
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My New Year's resolution last year was to never wear ugly shoes again because life is much too short to wear ugliness on your feet. It is a resolution I have been able to keep - one of the very few! My favorite shoe blogger will give you an idea of my core shoe beliefs - The Manolo (not to be confused with the legendary shoe designer Manolo Blahnik).

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
              My New Year's resolution last year was to never wear ugly shoes again because life is much too short to wear ugliness on your feet. It is a resolution I have been able to keep - one of the very few! My favorite shoe blogger will give you an idea of my core shoe beliefs - The Manolo (not to be confused with the legendary shoe designer Manolo Blahnik).
              That's got to be one of the weirdest New Years resolutions that I have ever heard of!

Comment

Ok... SO! I'm a Man.. So what if I like new shoes! Who wants to go at it with me? Hmm? Hmm? LOL J/k. Yeah. I like shoes. I like how nice and new and clean they look. Although the uber weird thing is as much as I like new shoes, I hate the prices of them. So alas... I stick with the ones I have and just be happy to get new ones.

1 pair brown dress shoes
                1 pair black loafers
                1 pair black dress shoes
                1 pair of nike crosstrainers
                1 pair outdoor boots
                1 pair construction boots
                1 pair steel toed sneakers
                -kp!

Comment

I've seen Mike_Lowerys shoes!!!

Let me tell you !!! I bet he beats any of you wahines when he sees this thread!

I must have counted at least 30 - 40 in one picture alone!

Comment

It is all about quality, not quantity for me.

Slippers: Scotts
                    Heels: Nordstroms
                    Boots and cross trainers: Famous Footwear

I shop in a coordinated fashion; my shoes, belts and purses match, and my clothes are also in the same color schemes. This makes life simpler, saves me money, not to mention unnecessary purchases. I do not shop on impulse; I get the outfit together in my head and then hunt it down, and by the time I am done, I will have enough pieces that will mix well. And the bulk of the wardrobe comes from Walmart and Ross, with special touches (usually the top-layer, e.g. cardigan, duster or a good pair of leather boots) found online.

pax

Comment

Hmmm....ok, these are the ones that are NOT stored away...

--3 pair casual ("no heel") sandals (2 brown, 1 black)
                      --7 pairs brown/beige/gold sandals with heels
                      --1 pair walking tennis shoes
                      --1 pair work shoes
                      --1 pair hiking shoes
                      --1 pair black sandals with heels
                      --1 pair white sandals with heels
                      --1 pair red sandals with heels
                      --2 pairs of black boots
                      --1 pair brown boots
                      --3 pair closed toe brown/brownish pumps with heels
                      --4 pair black/primarily black closed toe pumps with heels

So if I did my math right, I guess that's 26 pairs of shoes that I can see without having to delve into my storage box. Some are "cheap" generic brands, others are designer. I'd have to also admit that probably 75% of my shoes give me blisters.

And yeah, I got a pretty huge collection of small purses too.
                      Last edited by AbsolutChaos; December 1, 2006, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'm a shoe addict. If you ask my parents, they'll claim I own over 600 pairs. However, I will just skim over my favs. There are not enough outfits or days of the year for me to cram in all of my shoes.

I think I love shoes so much because no matter how fat I think I've gotten or how much weight I've lost or I'm disillusioned about either one (hah), my feet have always stayed the same, so I can't get depressed about my feet not being a 7.5/8. I know...sad...

Vans. Now, overall they're not the best shoes ever. But I have some of the best prints ever that are like, unique. One day, my kids will be like "mom, those are the ugliest shoes ever" and I'll be like "yeah, but you wont find them anywhere else and I'm gonna wear them outside when I drop you off for soccer practice! muahahah."

Lots of flip flops. Lots. I used to have tons of Old Navy ones, but I felt bad for filling up landfills with them, so now I only get Columbia, Reef or Teva sandals (or any other similar sandal) with at least a 3/4 inch bottom. They'll at least last me 3 months. I got a pair of rubber ones (like a tire strapped to my foot) not too long ago at Thongs n Things that I LOVE. At first they bothered me, but as I wore them on the concrete in the heat, they molded with my foot and omg so nice. JCrew also makes a nice thick sandal wedge sometimes if you can find them, tho they vary each year. I used to wear Birks all the time, but I got tired of paying to have the cork/sole replaced (I never really took great care of them, to be honest. I always got thrown into pools or wore them to the beach etc), so I buy Tevas instead and they're almost the same price anyway. My favorite Tevas aren't made anymore, of course, so I have to take good care of em cuz they're superdoopercute and someone always asks about them when I go out in 'em.

Every so often, Payless will have a cute cheap summer sandal and you know those sandals only last a month or two. But my summer sandal closet is so full, I can't really go into them.

I have a lot of winter boots. Hiking boots. Rain boots. Snow boots. Black/brown boots to wear with slacks, jeans or skirts. Yup, boots!

I bought a pair of Solomon river shoes in 2003 and they're great...even if I wear them when I'm not rafting. I'd buy another pair whenever I wear these out, which I hope is never because I adore the color.

I own 4 pairs of docs. One blue, red, and black wing tip pair, which were the first ones I got my mom to buy me in jr high for $121. 67 (it was the most expensive thing I had asked my mom for and the beginning of my shoe extravaganza), some nice graphite 8-hole boots, and two pairs of cloggishsandally looking ones.

My Gravis and Emerica shoes are super comfy. They're older, but yet, I think they look a ton better than some of their newer styles. I had an older woman ask me where I got my Emerica shoes cuz she wanted a pair cuz they looked comfy while I was at Macys a few months ago, so I told her to go look in a skate or surf shop, so she got up and left before the lady go could bring out the shoes she asked for. I was like right on!

I have a pair of Roots shoes just so I can say I own a pair. They're actually really nice shoes in general.

DIESEL. omg. I have so many pairs of diesel shoes it's not funny. Red. Pink. Glitter. Black. Purple. Neon Green. Maroon. Brown. Velcro x 30. Sigh...

And who can forget my KangaRoo shoes. I keep 50 cents in the zipper pocket just in case...I need uh...pay phone money?

I will never wear pointy heels. My calves are too big and the combination of big calves and being short isn't cute in a heel imo. Plus, my foot is square at the top, so it doesn't feel right.

(can you tell I like talking about shoes?)

Comment

See what I mean? Just between Kelly, Blueycicle and AbsolutChaos (3 ladies), we have an inventory total of over 660 pairs of footwear. Totally insane!

As a home security/burglary deterrent, my friend keeps a pair of men's size 16 shoes at his front doorstep. The strategy being to make the potential burglar think there's a REALLY BIG BRADDAH living in this house.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            [...]As a home security/burglary deterrent, my friend keeps a pair of men's size 16 shoes at his front doorstep. The strategy being to make the potential burglar think there's a REALLY BIG BRADDAH living in this house.
                            Bwaha! Good idea! All that's missing is a large fist dent in the door! Reminds me of a party I attended many years ago. Outside the front door, where everyone leaves their shoes, one couple 'arranged' theirs. His were facing south, about 18" apart. Hers were somewhat together, facing north, between his! 'Nuff said!

Comment

Booooo, I shouldn't have leaked my release dates for my threads!!!! http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=11195

It's cool tho.

I'll be posting new pics of my shoes here come Sunday. I'm hittin up Kicks/HI and in4mation this weekend. Haven't bought any shoes in 3 months.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X