Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Jam At Blasidell

Epic show.

The cover of Hawaii '78 was off the hook. And they finished with Ledbetter/Little Wing.

3 hours of goodness...

Re: PJ At Blasidell

"Hawaii '78" was chicken skin. serious chicken skin.

"crazy mary" followed by "black"? i had to pinch myself.

are you going to u2, dick?

i can't believe i'll have seen pearl jam live 3 times over a nine-day period by then.

what a town!

Comment

Did not go to that concert nor will I be going to U2. However I hope somebody recorded that version of "Hawaii 78" by Pearl Jam. This is the first I ever heard of any rock group covering a song that is generally identified as a "Hawaiian" song. Isn't someone in Pearl Jam a former resident of Waimanalo or something?
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        Did not go to that concert nor will I be going to U2. However I hope somebody recorded that version of "Hawaii 78" by Pearl Jam. This is the first I ever heard of any rock group covering a song that is generally identified as a "Hawaiian" song. Isn't someone in Pearl Jam a former resident of Waimanalo or something?
        Boom Gaspar the keyboardist is from Waimanalo.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=mel;120360] However I hope somebody recorded that version of "Hawaii 78" by Pearl Jam. QUOTE]

Pearl Jam puts nearly all of its live concerts on its website www.pearljam.com for download in their entirety. The Honolulu show's set list or download aren't on the site yet, but probably will be in a day or two.

They're about $10 each.

Comment

[QUOTE=mediababy67;120387]
              Originally posted by mel View Post
              However I hope somebody recorded that version of "Hawaii 78" by Pearl Jam. QUOTE]

Pearl Jam puts nearly all of its live concerts on its website www.pearljam.com for download in their entirety. The Honolulu show's set list or download aren't on the site yet, but probably will be in a day or two.

They're about $10 each.
              Great. I'll have to purchase the Honolulu download when it's available.

Comment

Re: Pearl Jam At Blasidell

Here's something from the Star-Bulletin. Couldn't find anything from the Advertiser... they didn't send anyone to the concert?

Sounds like it was a fun night. I'd like to hear a .mp3 of "Hawaii '78," too.

Comment

I went to the concert, it was an awesome show I don't recall ever seeing one band play that many consecutive hours. I guess Eddie Vedder was allowed to smoke inside the Blaisdell and get away with it for there would be a riot on HPD's hands if they arrested him.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Pearl Jam Blaisdell show is ready for download at www.pearljam.com.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by mediababy67 View Post
                      Pearl Jam Blaisdell show is ready for download at www.pearljam.com.

Enjoy!
                      I bought the download. Well worth the $10.00. Comes with photos and art cover for the CD.

Comment

Thanks for that, mediababy! Can we expect a recording of their Aloha Stadium show last night, too? Wonder if it'll include the late jam with U2 at the end of the U2 concert?

A fan has posted the "Hawaii '78" cover from the Dec. 2 Pearl Jam show. Not sure if it'll be around for long, as you might imagine... It's an acoustic rendition (versus the rock-ified version last night), but no less -- and perhaps more -- moving.

Comment

Yeah, the Aloha Stadium show will also be bootlegged, though it was only an hour-long set. I could have used more.

I'm kind of in agreement the version from the Dec. 2 show was better. Getting all kinds of play on 101.9.

Comment

I bought the whole bootleg, even though I was just looking for "Hawaii '78."

Glad I bought it. Get it for one song, but enjoy the entire concert... just about three hours of music for $10.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              Thanks for that, mediababy! Can we expect a recording of their Aloha Stadium show last night, too? Wonder if it'll include the late jam with U2 at the end of the U2 concert?

A fan has posted the "Hawaii '78" cover from the Dec. 2 Pearl Jam show. Not sure if it'll be around for long, as you might imagine... It's an acoustic rendition (versus the rock-ified version last night), but no less -- and perhaps more -- moving.
                              no worries. i was patiently waiting for it to become available all week.

i have my doubts about whether the pearl jam set from aloha stadium will be "officially" offered for download at www.pearljam.com tho. mostly because the recordings pearl jam puts up on its site aren't soundboard recordings but special multi-tracked and professionally mixed recordings.

Here's the official word from a Q&A FAQ on Pearl Jam's site:

Are these soundboard recordings?

NO! This is one of the biggest misconceptions about the bootleg program. Every Pearl Jam concert is multi-track recorded from a separate split taken from the stage and is professionally mixed for release by Brett Eliason. This is a SIGNIFICANT increase in quality over a soundboard recording, which is a raw recording of the mix being fed into the venue sound system.

I didn't see any of the band's recording mikes that i saw at pearl jam's waimea valley and blaisdell concerts near the aloha stadium stage so i don't know. i'm kind of hoping pearljam.com puts up the waimea valley show for download. i know they recorded it. and the show was pretty much the equivalent of experiencing a pearl jam club gig!

by the way, pzarquon ... how'd you enjoy the blaisdell download? what a setlist!

Comment

Working...
                              X