U2: Ru Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U2: Ru Going?

The new thread for those of us getting ready to go crazy on Saturday Night.

I grew up with this band in the 80's. Now I'm taking my 5 year old daughter. Gives me a "generational" perspective. Not feeling old, but feeling the passing of time in big chunks.

Mysterious Ways, Wild Horses, New Years Day, Vertigo, Pride (In the Name of Love), One, Angels in Harlem

I think I love all their songs. GAWD IM EXCITED !!!!

The pre-party is at my place, within walking distance of the stadium. PM for directions and be prepared to bring food and something good besides booze.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: U2: Ru Going?

I'm going, but I live in town and have to meet a friend from outside of town prior to the concert. We don't have our plans figured out yet.

Looking forward to Sat night!!!

Comment

I'm fired up for the show, and elated at the fact that when it's over I get to zip back to town for my regular Saturday night gig. I can't imagine how fired up I'll be to play some kick ass Irish music after a U2 concert.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

I'm tripping that I'll get one more PJ show (after the Waimea Valley and Blaisdell shows), plus a U2 for good measure. The plans are still liquid, but will probably show up in the parking lot in the a.m. on Saturday with a cooler of beer...

Comment

What time are people going to go down?
          Are you going to try to park at the stadium?
          Are you tailgating? Big? Small?

What time do you think the concert will start?
          End?
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
            What time are people going to go down?
            Are you going to try to park at the stadium?
            Are you tailgating? Big? Small?

What time do you think the concert will start?
            End?
            Ticketmaster just released some GA tickets, for anyone interested.

There are over 200 people in line already, according to KPOI.

We're going to try to be there at about 2:00 pm tomorrow.

Stadium parking will be open at 6 pm tonight, then close at midnight. It will reopen at 4:00pm tomorrow, which is rather late in my opinion. We will not be parking at the stadium.

The show starts at 7:30 and supposedly there's a curfew at 11:00, but I heard on the radio that PJ will do a full set and U2 has been playing about 25 songs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended well past midnight.

Comment

I heard on the news last night that tailgating wasn't going to be allowed. Don't know if that is across the board or just the super early parkers...or whether the news was even correct! Best to check first!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I heard on the news last night that tailgating wasn't going to be allowed. Don't know if that is across the board or just the super early parkers...or whether the news was even correct! Best to check first!
                Yes, I heard this too.

Comment

i dunno..i'm going to try and make it down....hopefully no more hassles..i was going to avoid the stadium totally..just walking in hopefully..now is the tough decision on wether to just park my car or have someone pick us up or not..hopefully want to be at the stadium by 6:00pm...and hopefully have left the house and parked by around 4pm....get plenty malls to kill time so i'm not super worried...might be parking by aiea elementary or halawa or something...
                  'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

SO excited. we got a bus to avoid traffic. they put on THE best live show i've ever seen. i think even the nesebleed sections will really enjoy.

YAY!
                    life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                      SO excited. we got a bus to avoid traffic. they put on THE best live show i've ever seen. i think even the nesebleed sections will really enjoy.

YAY!
                      did you get a private bus...do you know of any other shuttle systems or pick up points excluding thebus
                      'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                        we got a bus to avoid traffic.
                        Ummmm... doesn't your bus travel on the same roads as all the other traffic?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'll be riding on a rented booze bus to the show with a bunch of certifiable whack jobs. Birds of a feather, I guess. I'm a little worried that the show will run long and I'll have to split to make it to my show in town. I'll probably have to bail over to Stadium Mall to call a cab. Bummer.
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

The spokes people told the press:
                            6:30 - 7 Rocko
                            7 - 8 Pearl Jam
                            8:45 till ? U2
                            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

The company I work for is offering a minibus shuttle to/from concert. Pickup point is only in Waikiki though (Hyatt Regency, Koa st. entrance). $40/person. 808-922-9662 if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X