McDonalds McDeals Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds McDeals Program

While buying my dinner at McDonalds today I got one of those McDeals coupon tickets that they generate after you purchase something. The coupon said that they are phasing out the McDeals program which comes to an end on July 11.

Re: McDonalds McDeals Program

It was quite a run. I have messy stashes of those yellow-and-white coupons all over the place. Most expire before I can use them.

Remember the McExtra Card? That was a fascinating promotion as well. I kind of like the fact that, since the Hawaii market is so self-contained, we're often used as guinea pigs for things that they're considering rolling out to a wider market.

Local McDonald's already get a fair amount of leeway to do things like sell saimin, or fruit punch instead of iced tea. Nationwide, McDonald's does a lot of regional tweaking, to be sure, but unlike the unusual burgers you can get in Asia or the grits they serve on the breakfast menu in the southern U.S., our little state alone has its own special menu.

Comment

I tripped when I lived in Idaho and the McDonald's there didn't have fruit punch. Dude, fruit punch is like, stellar on a hot day. I walked in there and there was nothing. I wept quietly. At least they got fry sauce.

Comment

Well, in India you get your Big Mac made from water buffalo, not a holy cow.

Comment

I just wanted to say...while in India myself...they told me the burgers were made of monkey meat....thats why I had the fish burgers.

Comment

Working...
          X