Books that get you through a hard day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books that get you through a hard day

what gets you through a hard day? For some it may be the bible and others certain self-help books. Please share what, share why, and share how.

For starters, sometimes I get stuck on the need to go without. One book that helps me see it for the long term effect that such sacrificing affords, is the Millionaire Next Door. I think about the PAWs and the UAWs in my orbit, and whose behaviors I admire and wish to emulate. That book is one that is easy to read; crack it open in the middle and the advice is self-contained enough that it works well as a reference for those furious ten minutes (anyone know what I am talking about? Ten minutes after reading into a book like that, I can calm down).

What book does it for you?

pax

Re: Books that get you through a hard day

Personally, I like any of the books by Marianne Williamson, Shakti Gawain and Sanaya Roman. The 'how', 'what' and 'why' depend on the circumstances. But, my newest find isn't a book. It's a DVD, "The Secret". There is nothing in it that I wasn't already aware of but to visually watch it validates my beliefs and puts me back on track. I guess that means, to me, it isn't really a secret at all!

Comment

that sounds intriguing, 22Sue! How did you hear about this dvd?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        that sounds intriguing, 22Sue! How did you hear about this dvd?
        My daughter asked me to watch the Ellen DeGeneris Show one day because of a certain product placement she (my daughter!) made. That particular show featured "The Secret". Turns out Ellen's 'theme' this season is making a "Life List" based on "The Secret". During the 1980s there was a book out with a very similar concept; "Creative Visualization". "The Silva Method" also taught a similar concept. The DVD points out how old the concept truly is. It just keeps going thru new incarnations.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Personally, I like any of the books by Marianne Williamson, Shakti Gawain and Sanaya Roman. The 'how', 'what' and 'why' depend on the circumstances. But, my newest find isn't a book. It's a DVD, "The Secret". There is nothing in it that I wasn't already aware of but to visually watch it validates my beliefs and puts me back on track. I guess that means, to me, it isn't really a secret at all!
          The Secret is AWESOME ! Just bought and watched it the day before I came to Hawaii. Inspiring, and I've had personal experiences where that kind of visualization has worked out for me, so I know it works.

Books....

The Road Less Travelled
          Who Moved My Cheese ?

Those are 2 right off the top of my head.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            The Secret is AWESOME ! Just bought and watched it the day before I came to Hawaii. Inspiring, and I've had personal experiences where that kind of visualization has worked out for me, so I know it works.[...]
            It definitely works and sometimes in ways we least expect! I love the part about "getting out of debt" and how that just creates more debt! Yep! "Law of Attraction".

Comment

Working...
            X