Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, wow. I'm rich!

At least according to this story.

The research finds that assets of just $2,200 per adult placed a household in the top half of the world's wealthiest. To be among the richest 10% of adults in the world just $61,000 in assets is needed. If you have more than $500,000, you're part of the richest 1%, the United Nations study found. Indeed, 37 million people now belong in that category.

Re: Oh, wow. I'm rich!

well, if you go to www.globalrichlist.com, you get an idea of how wealthy you are in comparison to everyone else in the world.

whenever i feel disgruntled about those things i don't have, i force myself to visit that site to remind myself that i really have no business complaining/whining/bitching/moaning.

and then i thank god for the bounty that i do have.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: Oh, wow. I'm rich!

Where much is given, much is expected.

Comment

Working...
      X