Knicks vs. Nuggets fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks vs. Nuggets fight

What do you guys think of this? I thought Knicks coach Isiah Thomas got off easy by not getting punished. I agree with most of the other punishments as there really shouldn't be this kind of stuff happening in professional sports.

But here's some food for thought, and this is not my opinion, but something I read: Many folks are claiming the NBA and it's players to be "out of control" after this incident. But how come there isn't the same kind of shocked reaction to fights in Hockey and Baseball? How much does the skin color of athletes affect people's perceptions? Just something to think about.

Regardless, it's shameful to see guys who make so much money acting like little kids on a playground.

Re: Knicks vs. Nuggets fight

think the coaches had something to do with it

Comment

not going at you, tvguy, but I don't know why so many people are saying, "I can't believe a bunch of millionaires are behaving like this..."

when you're frustrated, how much money you make is not exactly one of the first things that pop into your head. and when someone's getting live on a teammate, eloquence and professionalism is not something you try to preserve--it's your friend's face. besides, how many of these players grew up ballin in the 'hood? the 'hood's one thing you can't always take out of a man.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        it's your friend's face. besides, how many of these players grew up ballin in the 'hood? the 'hood's one thing you can't always take out of a man.
        ML...

Try tell me Luke Ridnour grew up anywhere in the hood...like this relates to the fight... but I must defend a *cough* ah never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
          ML...

Try tell me Luke Ridnour grew up anywhere in the hood...like this relates to the fight... but I must defend a *cough* ah never mind.
          lol...what does Luke have to do with this?

flickr

Comment

No Mike, I agree about the "from the hood" part. In fact that's what I jokingly told my wife when she saw it. I just don't like the fact that some of these guys make more in one day than I do in an entire year and act like this. Carmelo will lose $641,000 for the 15 games he's suspended. I also don't like trying to explain to my 8 year old son why they're fighting.

That said, I don't know what this says about Carmelo Anthony and the hood he's from in Baltimore, but I always believed that if you really wanted to fight someone, you wouldn't false crack a guy in the face and then runaway. if you gonna fight, fight like a man instead of retreating like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
              No Mike, I agree about the "from the hood" part. In fact that's what I jokingly told my wife when she saw it. I just don't like the fact that some of these guys make more in one day than I do in an entire year and act like this. Carmelo will lose $641,000 for the 15 games he's suspended. I also don't like trying to explain to my 8 year old son why they're fighting.

That said, I don't know what this says about Carmelo Anthony and the hood he's from in Baltimore, but I always believed that if you really wanted to fight someone, you wouldn't false crack a guy in the face and then runaway. if you gonna fight, fight like a man instead of retreating like a baby.
              I agree about Melo not fighting like a man. he fights like a b---h

flickr

Comment

So the Nuggets got Allen iverson now. How's this one from ESPN.com:

Iverson has been in exile for the past 11 days, languishing on the Sixers' inactive list while still accruing his per-game earnings of $156,218.

Wouldn't it be great to be told not to come to work and make over a hundred grand staying at home and watching TV? (or whatever it was that AI was doing)

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                  I just don't like the fact that some of these guys make more in one day than I do in an entire year and act like this. ... I also don't like trying to explain to my 8 year old son why they're fighting.
                  Help your son to choose his role-models wisely; it's not always about the money, and there are certainly many well-compensated sports figures who are class acts, just as in any field.

Comment

It's not about the money, but what kids take from watching sports. I've seen 7 and and 8 year olds do stuff during games that I would get kicked off my team for back when I was a kid. Celebrating a good play is one thing...to taunt and call the opponent names is another. And even worse is the coaches who let them do it. which brings us back full circle to isiah Thomas and his "supposed don't go in the paint" warning to the Nuggets right before the incident happened.

But I also think J.R. Smith, the guy who was orginally mauled by the Knicks player didn't have to do the reverse double-pump flying slam in the opponent arena while alreay being up by 15 points and the game outcome decided.

And just one more thought....what would happen at work if you clocked a co-worker? Would you even be allowed to stay? Anyone remember what happened a few years back when a well-known sportscaster allegedly pinned a co-worker against a walll? (or something like that)
                    Last edited by tvguy; December 19, 2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Well this fight just goes to show you how easy it is to get in the head of Carmelo and how he isn't one of the leagues top elite players. If this were the playoffs a fight like this would have costed the nuggets the series. If I would definetly like to lose marty collins and nate robinson for carmelo anthony and jr smith.

About that comment that steve franchise wrote about the nba being mostly black so thats why fighting isn't allowed...i think its full of it...its just the league likes to limit fighting and thats it. The only sports that allow fighting or less penalties are sports that need the fighting aspect because the sport is boring (ex. hockey)
                      'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Well, it's good to see that nothing has changed in the good ole NBA. After all the apologizing, fines, lawsuits, injuries, suspensions, public-relations campaigns, etc., related with the Pacers-Pistons brawl (last season or the season before, no can remembah), it's nice to see that the players are STILL not listening, STILL cannot control their tempers, STILL can afford and don't mind paying expensive fines. I say, just let em fight like in Hockey. There's way worse things on tv these days, anyway.

Carmelo will pay the biggest price though--his reputation. I thought his so-called "punch" looked more like a cat trying to paw at something he's afraid of--like a snake or something. Ha! Sorry dude, your tough guy rep just went straight out da window, forever. And the video of your paw will be played over and over and over again for everyone to see. I advise you NOT to go on Best Damn cuz they will slay you for that!

Comment

Working...
                        X